Emergency

I wandered the ship. I knew Anakin would help Ahsoka. He had missed her and he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to go with her on a mission. I knew the feeling.

I ended up back in the bridge with Obi wan. A clone with orange stripes on his armor saluted me as he walked past.

Obi wan looked at me, not quite focusing on my eyes. "Why do you still wear your padawan braid, or braids?" He asked. "You're no longer a padawan learner."

I smiled and looked at the ground. "I may have outgrown the title of padawan, but I will never cease to be a learner."

Obi wan nodded. "Once again, your wisdom impresses me."

I smirked. "Well I guess something has to."

He sighed and shook his head. "How can you have so much skill and yet lack so much maturity?"

I shrugged. "It's a gift."

The holotable beeped with a message, interrupting our conversation.

Master Windu flashed into view. "Obi wan, Count Dooku has captured the Chancellor. You, Anakin, and Lianna are the closest to his location. We need you to neutralize the threat and save the Chancellor. This is your top priority."

Obi wan nodded.

"But Master Windu..." I started.

"No exceptions, Lianna." Master Windu interrupted. "This is not a debate. You will fulfill this mission."

I looked away as his hologram flashed off.

Obi wan placed a hand on my shoulder. "I know how much helping Ahsoka means to you, but you are first and foremost a Jedi. As such, you have a duty to the Republic."

I met his gaze. "I know, Obi wan, but I'm also a Mandalorian and I have a duty to my people and my home."

"Please," Obi wan pleaded quietly. "Do not defy the Council. You're a good Jedi. I would hate to lose you."

I sighed. "Don't worry. I wasn't planning to." I walked towards the door. "We need to tell Anakin."

A/N
Sorry, another short one, but I hope you still enjoyed it. 😊 As you can probably guess, we are about to enter the Revenge of the Sith. We are getting SO close to the end. It almost feels wrong. Thank you to all of you who have read/voted/commented on this story. I really appreciate it.
-Cheshire