In Defense of the Lurmen

We brought the shield generators into the village and while Master Skywalker and Master Secura explained the situation to the Lurmen's leader, I directed the clones in where to position the generators.

The Lurmen helped us build a wall from the massive seed pods they used for houses.

Ahsoka gasped. "That'll have to do." She pointed out over the field. "We're out of time."

Ranks of droids marched towards the village, surrounding the super weapon.

I turned to face the clones. "Rex, start 'em up."

They activated the generators and a shimmering shield of energy formed around the village.

A shot blasted from the tank, exploding on the ground in front of the village. The fire raced forward, but couldn't penetrate the shield. The flames burned around the village.

We stood atop the wall of seed pods, watching the sepratists' futile attacks. Soon, the droids marched forward.

Master Skywalker was the first to charge. Not surprising. The rest of us followed close behind.

Most of the clones stayed back to protect the shield generators, but Rex and a few others fought beside us.

The tank shot a deadly canister towards us.
My heart skipped a beat as it collided with the ground. A wall of flames rushed towards us.

Dashing to the front, acting completely on impulse, I thrust my hands out in front of me.
The flames slowed to a stop, blazing only a few feet from us. Breathing out slowly, I lowered my hands and the fire died away. I dropped to one knee, panting.

Master Skywalker pressed forward, swiftly reaching the canon.

Master Secura knelt beside me. "Are you alright?"

I forced myself to my feet. "I'm okay."

She smiled warmly at me. "Well done."

There was a loud boom as Master Skywalker leapt away from the tank. It exploded, the crippled remains dropping harmlessly to the grassy ground.

I walked alongside Master Skywalker as we returned to the now unshielded village. The droids had managed to take out the shield generators during the battle.

"Show off." I nudged him in the arm.

He chuckled. "And what do you call holding back a wall of fire?"

I shrugged. "Saving your life, again."

He rolled his eyes. "I don't know how Master Secura puts up with you."

I laughed, ignoring the pain that had spiked through my still injured shoulder.
————
We waved goodbye as we climbed aboard our commandeered ship.

The Lurmen had agreed to join the Republic in the war. One more ally. I noticed Wag Too in the crowd. One more friend.