Nemesis

I followed Master Yoda into the briefing room. It had been a while since I had spent any real time with my Master. We had been meditating when Master Mundi had reported a message for Master Kenobi.

I stood with my hands clasped behind my back as Master Mundi replayed the message for Master Kenobi. A Dathomirian stood before a line of people with their hands tied behind their backs. The Dathomirian had clawed robotic legs and red patterns across his black skin. A crown of horns circled his head.

"Come and face me, Kenobi. And come alone. If you do not," the Dathomirian ignited a lightsaber and sliced it through the prisoners' necks, "this planet will burn." The message flashed away.

Master Kenobi met Master Yoda's gaze. "I must go."

"You can't go alone." Master Mundi interjected.
Master Kenobi sighed. "If I don't, he'll slaughter more of the innocent."

"He'll do it anyway." It took me a moment to recognize my own voice.

Everyone looked at me.

I took a deep breath. "Do you really think that if you go alone, he'll spare them? He obviously has no regard for life. Whether you obey his terms or not, he will leave no one alive."

Master Kenobi approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "That is a risk I must take."

"You're going to get yourself killed." I held.

A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. "We are at war, aren't we?"

I frowned to show my disapproval.

"I'll be fine." He assured before walking out of the room.

"Yeah right." I muttered. "May the Force be with you."
————
"So, I was right." I concluded.

"That's not what I said." Master Kenobi protested.

"You might as well have." I crossed my arms. "You said you would've failed if Ventress hadn't shown up."

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. If it will get you off my back, you were right."

I smirked, but my smile fell when I noticed his distress. "Who was he? Why does he worry you so much?"

Master Kenobi sighed. "When I was a padawan, he killed my Master. I thought I was done with him. Most people die after you cut them in half."

My eyes widened. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." He stood. "It's in the past now. I can't change it, but now... I have to finish it."

A/N
Hey! So this was another filler chapter, but I wanted to include the reintroduction of Maul to the Star Wars universe and let you all know where we're at in the story.
Hope you enjoyed it.
-Cheshire