Chapter 1

"Young Master Jin Ling has gone missing!"

The news that evoked in the not-so-enrapturing-anymore night had spread like wildfire, ambushing any obstacle in their path. All guards of the Yunmeng Jiang sect had passed the news along to one another while panicking themselves. It was a one-in-a-million chance for the next Lanling Jin enthroned leader, Jin Rulan, to visit his uncle's sect and stay for a night. And out of that tiny probability, it was disastrous for their honourable guest to vanish without a trace.

"Can you believe it? Everyone were patrolling around his room, but he practically disappeared into thin air!"

"Will Young Master Jin Ling be okay?"

"What if he'd been kidnapped by some vulgar cut-sleeves?"

"Impossible! If cut-sleeves were to pick a victim, it'd be someone with more grace and beauty than him! For example, maybe that cultivator from GusuLan! I heard his name is Lan Sizhui, with his cultivation base only third to Hanguang-Jun's! What a beauty Sizhui is! If he was kidnapped, Old man Lan would send his entire sect to conduct a manhunt."

"Ahem! I'm not talking about doing it! I'm talking about selling him onto the black market or something! Just imagine all the money they can earn!"

"Oh! That makes sense! Young Master Jin Ling is next up to the throne for the Lanling Jin sect. Of course he'd be worth much."

Worthless comments had rapidly spread and indulged in passerby's mouths. Albeit it was only the middle of night, the news had awaken practically everyone from Lotus Pier. Whenever a guest was welcomed and visited, they'd always end up wanting to stay longer. So it was only strange for Jin Ling to go missing!

"Do you think Young Master Jin Ling got into a fight with his uncle and ran away?"

"His uncle? Who the hell is that?"

"You don't know? Young Master Jin Ling's uncle is the Jiang sect's leader, Jiang Cheng!"

"Really? His uncle is that leader who has almost a rougher temper than Nie Mingjue?"

"Exactly!"

     SLAM! A beauteous daisy white cup of porcelain was slammed hard against a circular wooden table. The grip on the cup had only tightened as furthermore rumours disdained Lotus Pier. Leftover lotus tea were almost spilled from the sudden impact, but managed to drop back inside the cup. A gorgeous man was seated across the table, not bothering to loosen his hand around the newly bought cup.

     His cheekbones were flushed from anger, but without all that madness, his skin was an elegant colour of paleness. A clarity bell was strapped to the man's clothing, with streaks of violet yarn attached to the bottom. His hair was tied in a tight bun, with a violet ribbon wrapped around, flailing in the air as the wind blew breaths at it.

His name was Jiang Cheng—courtesy name Jiang Wanyin—otherwise known as the leader of the Yunmeng Jiang sect.

He was mad. When was he not mad?

But that time, he was furious. Anger was raging in his bones, spiralling like flamethrowers from a legendary dragon. Sometimes, he'd think he'd lose his life from a sudden qi deviation. "That brat! Where had he gone now!" Jiang Cheng spat.

     "How about let's try calming down." A man who sat across from Jiang Cheng had suggested. His smoothly brushed locks of brown hair flew in the air, with a familiarizing GusuLan headband ribbon of cloud prints tied around his forehead. A sword with a fine blue glare had sat behind him, propped up on his back. It's name was Shuoyue, and indeed seemed quite the fine delicacy.