The Light Here Is Brilliant Enough to Help Me Focus

By the time Ren came back into the bedroom, you had migrated to the bed to watch Galactic City Gossip on the holo-screen. You were half-way asleep when you heard the bathroom door open. You sat up and watched him calmly walk to the closet.

There were so many things going through your head as you watched him. Maybe he was sick of dealing with you and would leave you on Coruscant to fend for yourself. You wondered if he was angry about you learning his birth-name. Would he kill you now for pushing, for asking one too many questions?

Ren dug through his duffle in the closet to place a thick roll of fabric on the floor. The fabric was brown and mottled from years of wear. You leaned forward and turned off the holo-screen as you suspected you recognized the material.

He turned and walked to the bed with the bundle in his hands. You stared at it as he unrolled it across the velvet comforter. You recognized the loose tan jacket, the gathered brown pants, the shirt and wrap that had once been white, but were now that dingy gray from use and wear.

"I'm going to present you to him," Ren stated.

You stared at your old clothes. "Is this because of the Ben thing?"

His voice was hushed as he told you: "Don't say that name."

You nodded--so you had overstepped. He was going to give you over and watch as Snoke tore you apart. You gnawed on your bottom lip and tried not to get so emotional. It was inevitable, really. He's been stringing you along, child. You've lived longer than you expected. Stars, you were surprised that your old clothes had lasted this long.

"It's the only way I can come back," he continued.

"What about all my training?"

Been keeping you hidden for the proper moment.

"Yideth will have your lightsaber. You'll be able to call it to you when I give you the signal."

You felt your upper lip curl and looked up at him. "And what if I'm not alive for the signal, huh? What if he takes one look at me and knows that I'm a decoy?"

What then? Well, it'll be too bad. He'll mourn you on his throne.

"He wants the scavenger," he said.

"What about Skywalker? You want him dead, Snoke wants him dead. If you come back with a lie, he'll surely kill us all."

"I'll tell him Skywalker scurried off like he did the first time."

Like when Ren had killed all the padawans in Skywalker's school. What was Skywalker supposed to have done? Hunt down his own flesh and blood for vengeance? That didn't seem much like the Jedi way.

It's a weak existence.

"So, the plan is bring the 'scavenger' to him, tell him Skywalker got away again, and leave me with him?" you snapped.

Ren shrugged.

"That's a stupid plan!" you yelled. "He'll see right through it!"

"Not if you don't kriff it up," he fired back.

"Oh, so you think I'm the weakest part of this plan?! I'm the one who's gotten the Knights on your side by my sheer presence! I've been working with a power I didn't even know I possessed until a few weeks ago." You got off the bed and pointed a finger at him. "I've been kicking your ass when it comes down to it."

He growled out, "You may be skilled with a saber, but you are no match for Snoke's abilities."

"Don't you mean your abilities? The mighty Kylo Ren. So much stronger than everyone else, so in tuned with the dark side; the crowning jewel of the First Order."