The Birth of My Day Is When You Appear

"So, you're the one he'd been yelling for," Organa summed up.

Ren pulled you back by your belt and stepped in front of you, holding you behind him with his good arm. You barely got to question what he was doing when he began speaking:

"You can ship me off to Mol'leaj, but not her. She's--"

"What?!" you barked at Ren's back. "No! You can't be sent there!" You pushed your way around his elbow to meet Organa's dark eyes. "You can't send him there, your highness! They'll use him to make their own Jedi army."

"You have any proof of this?" she asked.

"Other than my own experience with King Solculvis, no."

"Ma'am," Poe interjected. "BB-8 said she told him the same thing."

Organa's mouth thinned, and she sighed through her nose. "Follow me." She led the way as Poe and the officer marched after her. BB-8 glanced at you and then followed the Resistance high command. You looked up at Ren, and he down at you, before you hooked your lightsabers to your belt.

You wanted to touch him again, take his hand, tuck a dirty lock of hair behind his ear. Anything. However, it didn't seem the time. You were afraid that once you started, you wouldn't stop. You forced yourself to take a step back and follow the Resistance party. Ren trailed after you.

At the end of the corridor were two new Resistance fighters. They were armed with blasters strapped to their thighs. They stared at you and Ren as you both passed. One of them placed their hand over the handle of their blaster while the other one visibly kept themselves from taking a step back.

You outwardly ignored them, but you were aware they relaxed when you and Ren turned to walk deeper into the base. The white-haired officer, Poe, and Organa stood around the comm table. There was space enough for you and Ren to stand across from Organa.

"Alright," Organa began the conversation with you. "Tell us your side."

You glanced up at Ren to see him staring down at the table in front of him. "It started a few weeks ago when the First Order went to Mol'leaj to check in with King Solculvis and request supplies. I wasn't there for that, but I understand that negotiations went well. Lord Ren and myself were shown off as assets of the Order." You paused to silently debate if you should give all the details, but you decided to only go for the most pertinent. "The king had bugged my room, you see, and Hux wanted to fool him with a fake weak spot and ordered us to act as if we were having an illicit affair--"

"Why would it be illicit?" Organa asked.

"Because I was Admiral Hux's consort." Organa nodded for you to continue. "The next morning, the king confronted Admiral Hux and offered a holo of my infidelity. The king then offered to buy me from the First Order to keep me from execution."

"Execution?" Poe exclaimed.

"He thought that was what the admiral would do," you explained. "I guess that's what he would've done if I had cheated on him."

"That's conjecture," the officer cut in.

You shrugged. "Maybe, but he was awfully eager to get me in his zoo."

"Go on," Organa encouraged.

"King Solculvis then said that Lord Ren could visit me whenever he wanted. That any children we might produce would be under the king's protection."

"But he wouldn't let you go?" she led.

You shook your head. "No, there was no talk about me ever leaving."