Rushing Ashore To Meet Her; Foaming With Loneliness

The flight back to the Finalizer was unremarkable. You and Ren flanked Hux in the shuttle, and talked softly--just the three of you. Hux had confessed to finding Reddik a relic, a true child, of the Empire. He was competent as a commander, but not the most critical of thinkers. Ren suggested he be replaced. Hux agreed, but said that he was going to let things unfold. He said Reddik would either go down with Revolver or rise above to prove himself.

You thought that if Reddik had been ignorant of a snitch on his ship, he wasn't worthy of it. Then again, the snitch had come from the Finalizer. It seemed to you that Star Destroyers were too big and had too many crewmembers to keep track of.

But no one asked you, so you kept quiet.

You did, however, suggest that the communications department be watched more carefully. Hux pointed out that Revolver could possibly be involved with communications on the Harbinger.

"That's too convenient, though," you said.

"There aren't many positions in communications," Hux agreed with slight shrug.

"Wouldn't it be better to be with a department that has nothing to do with sharing information but still involved with communications?"

"Technicians," Ren stated.

"Engineering?" you offered.

"I'm having Mitaka go dark and look at the personnel who have been transferred off the Finalizer in the past year," Hux told you both.

Hux's datapad softly chimed at him from its resting place on his knee, and he bent forward to read the notice. You gave Ren a look over Hux's shoulder which had Ren struggling to maintain a straight face. It was always Mitaka. He must be the Finalizer's beast of burden.

Before either of you could reply to Hux, it was announced that the shuttle was coming out of hyperspace. The ship subtly shimmied around you as it approached the Finalizer at regular cruising speed.

Docking was dull as usual, the thrill of being on a Star Destroyer simmering down to everyday acceptance. The only thing you really liked was the view out the port-windows. Or in the current case, the wide hangar bay portal. The possibility in each planet the ship passed filled you with hope for the galaxy.

Hux bid you both a good day after agreeing to meet again in person when there were updates on the Revolver situation. The Knights said they were going start their regular training again tomorrow morning. Yideth told you she'd like to work with you again, and you agreed. After plans had been made, you and Ren walked back to your quarters in silence. The passageways were busy with officers and techs who didn't pay either of you too much mind. Apparently, having their newly appointed grand admiral on board made the crew rather motivated.

Your quarters were dark when you opened the door, and Ren ordered the lights to 60-percent as you both walked in. You saw that there were fresh linens on the bed, everything had been tidied up, and all the surfaces had been wiped off. There was a new second armchair across the pit-table from the original.

You gently tossed your lightsaber in the seat of the newest chair and flopped down face-first onto the bed. Your cowl lurched up your neck a bit and blanketed your back. The fresh sheets smelled good and you lay there, running your hands over the smooth cotton.

"You tired?" Ren asked from somewhere behind you.

You shrugged a shoulder, buried your nose in the sheets, and took a deep breath.

When you opened your eyes again, Ren was lying next to you. You didn't recall his lying down. He was shirtless with his big hands resting on his stomach. His hair was fanned around his peaceful face like a black nimbus.