I'm A Princess Cut From Marble, Smoother Than A Storm

You stood in the balcony doorway overlooking the inner courtyard of Solculvis' citadel. The word citadel seemed an inappropriate descriptor to you. The palace hardly looked like a fortress. Everything was smoothed out and pale. The stone walls had been stuccoed over to be a pale butter yellow. There were gilded frescos of intricate designs and scenes lining the citadel's walls.

The stone courtyard below you had a large, multi-tiered bubbling fountain in the center. There were mature potted palms softening the corners of the space and adding some shade. In the cooling, evening air was the scent of the lush jungle which surrounded the citadel. You could also easily pick out the fragrance of salt in the air from the nearby ocean. Beyond the walls, there were night-birds starting their mating calls.

From your second-story perch, you could see the abrupt end of the jungle where the cliff dropped off. The seemingly endless ocean in front of you glittered under the yellow-white circular segment of Mol'leaj's solitary star. The sky was a magnificent gradient of deep violet, rose pink, and delicate peach. The wisps of clouds flared orange and hot pink against the smooth sky.

Your dinner attire helped you blend in with all the luxury surrounding you. A First Order droid had put your hair up in a flat bun at the back of your head. You could see the coil of it like a halo just cresting your skull when you looked straight on. Your eye makeup accentuated the crease of your lids with shades of tan and brown. Your eyes were lined with black, and your eyelashes had been coated with black mascara. The droid had sculpted your cheeks with contour, blush, and highlighter. On your lips was a matte red stain that you had been told would last through dinner. It felt bonded to your lips like a second skin.

The two-part gown you were wearing was blood-red velvet. The top was sleeveless with a plunging neckline that met the velvet belt at your waist. The fabric was gathered in crisp folds and flared from under the belt in a layered, sharp-edged peplum. At your left shoulder and right hip were silver beaded embellishments which resembled modest plumes of feathers. The wrap-skirt kissed the floor--more so now since you hadn't put your skin-tone suede pumps on--and trailing from underneath the peplum was a graceful train of matching red silk tulle.

The top of the gown actually had internal structure to it to smooth you out and stay in place. It was surprisingly comfortable. And the soft silk lining was cool and smooth against your skin.

You still thought you could've hooked one of your lightsabers on the belt. It might've looked nice resting against the beaded plume at your hip. However, you obeyed Hux's wishes that you remain unarmed and sophisticated.

It was a dinner party, after all.

A knock came from the door to the adjoining suite where Order security had set up. You opened the door to find Captain Phasma on the other side. She had been introduced to you that morning as head of security. She had been courteous and brief when she had greeted you, and you had secretly sighed in relief at having a sharp woman watching your back.

Phasma was in her dress uniform now, and her distinctive red-trimmed black cape hung from her square shoulders. You were taken aback by how stunning she was. Her shiny armor and helmet disguised her statuesque proportions and lovely face. Her short, blonde hair was smoothed back from her unadorned face, and she seemed more dignified than ever.

"My lady, I've been informed that Admiral Hux is ready," Phasma told you.

You nodded and rushed over to your shoes, which were at the ready by the bed. You slipped them on, and she led you to the main hallway door. You walked out into the hallway to see Hux and Ren already there. Hux was adjusting the placement of his shoulder cape while he waited. Ren had his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned a shoulder against the opposite wall.