Yes, I'm Breaking At the Scenes Just Like You

Sometime between Ren's leaving and the alarm going off, you had fallen asleep. You did not dream, and you had hardly moved from your curled position at the head of the bed. You hadn't bothered to turn the lights off. You didn't care about the refresher lights being on, the sex-stained sheets, or that the only warm part of you were your feet because you had stuck them under the blanket before you nodded off.

The alarm was annoying enough to get you up and moving. You got your datapad from the desk and automatically checked for messages. There was one from Hux. He sent you an itinerary. The command party (which included you) was leaving tomorrow at 0800. That evening was an informal dinner (your attendance was optional). The next day was the commanders meeting (which didn't include you), but you were supposed to take a tour of the facilities, planet, whatever, with the Knights and other non-commander attendants, during that time. If everything went well, a ball was being held that evening to celebrate the newly-elected leader of the First Order (your attendance was required). The day after that was another all-day commanders meeting (which, again, didn't include you). However, that evening's events included presentations and speeches (attendance required). The following morning, all command parties departed.

It sounded horribly dull.

You closed out the message just as another one popped into your inbox. Hux, again.

I hope this message finds you well. I apologize for not speaking to you before I left last night.

I just received notice from the deck officer that two of your dresses with accessories are in. There is also another small crate for you which I have to assume Ren ordered. I'm having the dresses sent down to Tailoring for cleaning and steaming. They will make sure everything is properly packaged and ready for tomorrow.

You replied with a simple 'thank you' and left it at that.

Another message arrived after a minute. It was an automatic notice of delivery from the deck officer's station. The second crate would be arriving within the hour. You got a pair of leggings on and tied your hair up. You didn't bother dressing any further.

While you waited for the crate, you looked up Darth Vader on the holonet. You found dozens upon dozens of sites talking about Leia Organa's true parentage. Luke Skywalker came by it honestly, according to some political forums, but Leia had withheld the information until a fellow senator saw fit to reveal the truth.

The name of Skywalker seemed to be the key to unlocking Darth Vader's Jedi identity. You looked up the two names together and found the connection in seconds. Apparently, it had been thought that Jedi Council member, and Republic Army general, Anakin Skywalker had been killed at the end of The Clone Wars, but he had not. He had joined the dark side as Darth Vader. He had stood by the much-loathed emperor for twenty years.

You looked up images of Anakin Skywalker to find a standard headshot of him. You stared at it as your eyesight blurred with tears. That was the Jedi aspect of Darth Vader you had talked to. There was no doubt. You saw that he had been a bodyguard for Senator Padme Amidala for a time, and the two of them had been photographed on her home world of Naboo. He'd had the padawan braid at the time.

The door chime interrupted your search for all things Skywalker. You answered the door to find a droid with a push cart. The droid held up the medium-sized crate and beeped a greeting at you. You thanked it and took the crate out of its flat arms.

The door slid closed, and you walked the crate to the middle of the room. You unlatched the top, sat down on the floor, and peered inside. There were a few bagged bundles, a new tin of Ho'Din pills, and a little plastic container with a new belt connector for Darksaber.