This Is the Start of How It All Ever Ends

"I'm so pleased we can sit together--the five of us," Mithea warmly said as the now-empty salad plates were taken away. She was beautiful in the daylight. Her lavender-colored skin was smooth and flawless, and her heart-shaped face was subtly made up. Her high-waisted dress was rose red and embroidered with variegated metallic thread and the coordinating, woven headband had jeweled charms which hung in front of her ears to graze her shoulders.

"I am as well," Solculvis agreed. "However, I have something less than pleasant to share with you, Admiral."

Oh, you thought. Here comes the blow. You took a drink of your cold, sweet juice and looked over the rim of the glass at Ren. He was across the large round table while Hux was to your right. The solarium where brunch had been set up was full of sunlight and potted plants. Some of the plants gently swayed in the sunlight as if dancing while soaking up the light. It was relaxing just to watch them. You thought it would've been too warm or too humid, but the overhead fans kept the air moving and cool.

You were suddenly glad for your light dress. The jewel neckline to the beginning swells of your breasts was open-weave, flesh-toned netting with embroidered black feathers. The spines of the feathers were blood red with beading. They glittered like dewdrops in the sunlight. From the end of the netting down to the floor was gathered black chiffon while covering your arms was a single layer cape of sheer black chiffon. On your feet were simple black leather sandals. Your hair was once more up--this time twisted at the back of your head.

You could feel the sunlight beating against the back of your neck.

Hux politely perked up with an inquisitive oh? at Solculvis' offer. Ren was still, his hands in his lap. Mithea turned in her seat and requested the holoprojector from a nearby servant. The servant bowed, produced a handheld projector from their back pocket, and handed the device to Mithea. She in turn gave it to Solculvis.

"It is nothing but the truth, Admiral. I do this out of respect for you and those around the table," Solculvis assured Hux.

He turned the projector on and set it on the table between himself and Hux. You could see a small version of yourself sitting at the vanity in your suite. You were wearing the dress from last night. From stage right in the holo, came Ren to put a hand on your shoulder. You had the urge to ask if your thighs really looked like that.

You watched as holo-Ren bent down and kissed your neck. Holo-you tilted for it like it was a familiar gesture. It was, of course. You could almost feel his touch now with how familiar you were with it.

Hux didn't look at you as he gently dabbed at his mouth. "I see."

You stared down at the table as you heard the tinny version of Ren's voice through the holoprojector. Holo-you answered, but it didn't exactly sound like your voice. They were your words, though, so you knew it was you in the holo.

"I have a solution that could benefit everyone," Solculvis tried to repair the damage of the bomb he had let detonate. How noble of him. You wanted to choke him.

"And what would that be?" Hux's voice had taken on a metal that you rarely heard.

"She could stay here with us," Mithea interjected as she leaned forward and put a hand on the table near yours. You looked at her graceful hand and then over at Solculvis. He gave her a dark look which made her back down with a bent head. Somehow, that made you angrier.

"Yes, no need to execute her," Solculvis said. "Exile her here."

"Exile her?" Hux asked.

You wanted to echo his words. You weren't supposed to stay here. You were supposed to give Hux a fake weak spot for any future negotiations. In turn, it would end up being Solculvis' real weak spot. Solculvis was supposed to use the holo against Hux, not offer you sanctuary from an angry admiral.