You Come Apart To Intertwine

"What is that?" Ren asked and pointed down at the bacta patch on your middle finger.

You densely replied, "Bacta patch."

"It wasn't there when you left." He paused and cocked his head to the side. "You feel anxious about it and yet relieved."

You stared down at the offensive little bandage and tore it off. You should've gotten rid of it before you got back. There was the tiniest dot of blood on the bandage. In any case, Ren didn't need to know what you had been worrying about.

"Why are you feeling this way?" he asked.

"It's nothing." You didn't want to completely lie--like telling him that you'd poked yourself with a pin while down in Tailoring--because you knew it was unwise to lie to a fellow Force-user. You could suss out lies easily enough these days, and Ren was stronger with the Force than you were. All it would do is cause a rift.

You went into the refresher and tossed the used bandage in the disposal slot in the wall. Ren followed you and stood in the doorway. You cleaned your hands of any residual bacta and turned to him.

"Tell me," he demanded.

"My..." You sighed and rubbed your forehead. "My bleeding is late, and I was worried. I thought... I don't know what I thought."

That last part was an outright lie, you admitted to yourself. You knew exactly what you had been thinking.

"But you're not worried anymore."

You shook your head. "No, everything's fine. Normal." You tried to give him a grin, but failed miserably.

"Why didn't you tell me? Do you not trust me?"

Oh, not this, you thought. You could see where he was going with his thoughts. It wasn't about trust for you, though. It was about not thinking about your actions and what they could mean. It meant that you had to be aware of your body, and you weren't used to that. The male partners you'd had sex with in the past had used condoms. It was safe and easy; use it once and throw it out. Ren was anything but safe and easy, and you understood he wanted you raw. You felt the same--for the first time. Maker, you couldn't imagine not feeling the heat of his cock when he fucked you.

"I didn't think of the possibility until today," you explained. "The tailor asked me about my cycle because of water retention, and I realized I hadn't bled. The doctor told me that Ho'Din pills can alter my bleeding completely."

"You went to the doctor."

"Yes, I had a test." You held up the hand that had had the bacta patch.

"What if you were?"

"Then the pills don't work for me, obviously." You took a step towards him. "Let me out. I want to take off my boots."

He didn't move out of the way. "Would you have told me?"

"Fine. I'll take them off here." You sat on the closed toilet lid and unzipped your boots.

His voice had gone hard as he asked the question again, "Would you have told me?"

"Stars, Kylo! Yes!" You kicked your boots off one at a time. They hit the sonic-shower wall with loud thunks. "Yes, I would have told you! Why would I not tell you? What the hell? Who do you think I am? Do you not trust me?"

You regretted taking your shoes off now. You wanted to get out of the refresher, maybe even the suite, because you felt cornered with him blocking the door. You stood up and pushed past him. You tossed your jacket on the armchair and then yanked off your socks. Darth Vader's helmet was out again, and you made a face at it. You wanted to tell the late Sith lord to control his dumbass grandson.