I'm Gonna Show You Where It's Dark, But Have No Fear

There was nowhere to change in privacy, but none of the Knights seemed interested in watching you. Not even Jeckhum, who had taken a new interest in being close to you. They all went through their weapons check as you hurriedly stripped out of your training gear. Ren stayed near and exchanged piece for piece until you were redressed and he had your darker clothes draped over his arm.

Everything fit mostly like it used to. The pants were a little baggier on your thighs than they used to be, they sagged at your waist a bit, but would easily stay up. You wound the wrap around your neck like you used to and adjusted the jacket on your shoulders. It was like stepping back in time--before you had met Kylo Ren, before your connection to the Force had been awakened.

You sat back down to get your old boots on. As you wrapped the bandage-like cloth around your calves, you became aware that the ship had taken on a silence that was unshakable. You looked up to see everyone staring out the cockpit windshield.

You followed their gaze and saw a desolate-looking planet getting closer. No one seemed particularly happy to be there.

Jeckhum turned to you and whispered, "This was a Sith place of power at one time."

"I thought Snoke wasn't a Sith," you said, matching his volume.

"Oh, he's not, but this place draws the dark side like iron to a magnet."

Ginji looked over and asked, "Don't you feel it?"

You shook your head. The planet looked cold and uninviting, but not overly foreboding. There was no green and no water--only brown stone with yellow lichen. You wondered how Snoke survived in such a place.

Ren came back from stowing your clothes and walked up to you. "It'll be best if you're not awake when we bring you in."

"Can't fake it, huh?" you asked.

He shook his head, and you stood. "Okay, do what you have to do," you agreed.

Ren took a step closer and tilted your head up. "Remember, Yideth has your lightsaber. I will carry you inside. Snoke will probably wake you himself."

"I'll be properly terrified, I can assure you."

He stared into your eyes and it looked like he wanted to tell you something. You nodded your head because you thought you understood. You knew he wanted to promise that you'd get out of this alive. You knew he cared about you. You knew you were strong enough to get through this assassination attempt.

Ren bent and kissed you hard. You felt one of his hands on your back, the other cradling the back of your head. You surrendered to him and clung to him as you returned the kiss. You half-expected the Knights to catcall at the display, but it was quiet around you.

"Sleep," Ren shakily ordered against your lips and pushed the Force against your consciousness. You felt yourself pull away as your body went limp and the world went black.

-

When you came to, you were laying on a warm stone floor. The dark ceiling above you was a vast dome with a single ocular opening in the middle to allow in light. The place seemed to be vibrating around you with power. All you could hear was the low sound of buzzing.

You concentrated on breathing, and the buzzing calmed down. What you became aware of was the sound of two male voices. You knew one was Ren, the other was creaky and breathy and raspy.

Snoke.

You tried to keep your fear at bay. You could feel the power around you wanting to choke you. You blinked away your gathering tears because crying would not help you.