Chapter Eleven: Country to Conquer

"Th-this is Uruk?!" You exclaimed as you kneeled by the edge of the aircraft. It was funny as if earlier you weren't trembling to death when you were in this position. Below you was a massive city enclosed in walls. It was a perfectly built civilization enough to take your breath away. The kingdom of Al-Simr will pale in comparison to this.

Enkidu laughed, taking pride in your awe. "Behold," he said. "The Kingdom of Uruk!" You turned around to see his hands raised on both sides, basking in the glory of the land. For a moment, you wondered if it was worth leaving Al-Simr for a place like this. You immediately brushed that thought off, of course. No matter what riches this land may offer, Al-Simr will always be first in your heart.

As you turned away to look back into the city, you noticed a big trapezoidal structure standing at the heart of the fortress. It is most likely to be the royal residence, much like your home. As the aircraft drew near, you realized that your triangular edifice isn't even on par with this. It felt as if twice the size of your home.

The aircraft lowered itself in front of the structure, showing you it's full glory

The aircraft lowered itself in front of the structure, showing you it's full glory. Below you, the people looked up into the aircraft in wonder of why the vessel is out today yet their eyes held no surprise whatsoever of the said thing.

"What do you call this place?" You asked as you stared at the grand structure. It was incredibly high, towering over the rest of the houses. In front was a massive staircase that leads to the entrance. This one's longer than the one you have in Al-Simr. You worried you'd already faint before even reaching the entrance.

Knowing this, Enkidu ordered the aircraft to once again rise. The next thing you knew, the aircraft was preparing for its landing on top of the... "Ziggurat," Enkidu said. "This is what we call the ziggurat."

Once the aircraft has landed down, you asked yet another question. "If you don't mind," you said. Enkidu hummed in response. "I was wondering what you call this aircraft too." You once again felt your face heat up. You somehow felt embarrassed to be naive in front of such advance magecraft.

"Vimana," Enkidu answered. "It is fueled by a solar crystal, rutilated quartz crystal, that burn mercury as a fuel." You were at a loss for words. You simply nodded as the foreign knowledge sinked in. "Vimana," you repeated. "Such a nice name."

"Well then," Enkidu said. "We don't like the king to wait any further, do we?" You felt a mix of emotions stir within you at the mention of the king. Now that you're here, you can't help but feel a little nervous. 

What was the king like? You wanted to ask yet you also wanted to be surprised. You couldn't form an imagery in your mind. Yet you know, this land wouldn't be this great if they didn't have a wise king.

Enkidu jumped off Vimana, leaving you behind. "We'll bring your belongings to your chamber later," he said. "Right now, we got to go see Gilgamesh." 

"Gilgamesh?" You wondered. Enkidu once again, offered his hand out to help you climb down. This time, you politely shook your head as you carefully moved off Vimana.