Chapter Fifteen: The Lioness' Pride

A few hours earlier...

"Siduri," Gilgamesh called right after he watched the princess walk away from the dining hall.

"Yes, my king?" Siduri asked. "Shall I go after her?"

"No," Gil replied as he placed his now empty goblet on the table. "Let her have her way."

"For now, that is," he added, the side of his lips curved into a smirk. His mind wandered to the image of your body gracefully walking with your hips gently swaying with every step you took. Even when clothed, he knew you were one hell of a feast. 

Tonight is going to be a long night. Although it is too soon to discard you right after he uses you but it's up to him to decide; he can do whatever he wants. Gil placed his hands on the table and pushed his chair backward, allowing him to stand.

"Tell Enkidu to meet me at the throne if you see him," he said. Siduri gave him a nod before he walked out of the hall. He was welcomed by the sight of his lions the moment he arrived at the royal hall.

His lion immediately rushed to meet him as soon as he entered. It nuzzled its forehead against the back of Gil's palm. In return, he rubbed his hand on top of the lion's head. At the corner of his eyes, he saw his pet's partner, sulking by the side of the throne.

He never understood the reason the lioness, in some way, dislikes him although she never really had the audacity to bite the hand that feeds her which is good. At some point, whenever they come across each other in the ziggurat, Gil notices the beast's change of mood in the atmosphere; he's not a fool to not notice.

Anyway, it's not like he cared if he got close with the lioness. She acts like that to everyone, there is no exception and Gil couldn't care less. After all, she was just taken in for the sole reason of being a mate to his lion. For a second, the lioness glared at him before walking away into their den behind the throne.

Gil walked towards the throne and sat there as he waits for Enkidu. He closed his eyes to replay the image of the princess burned in his mind. He could remember the first time his eyes fell upon you. For a while, he found himself asking how can such a beautiful woman exist. He remembered the way he blinked a few more times to verify the sight standing before him because he felt like it was just a dream.

Your beauty was unmatched. Compared to ordinary women, you looked like a goddess. That's when he knew that your elegance is fit for you to be part of his treasures. One thing he's sure about is that he wouldn't discard you as soon as he thought.

Just the mere image of you was enough to stir the lust that lives within him. In his mind, he pictures you, squirming underneath him as you begged him to stop. He knows you'll put up a fight and he'll allow you to. Then before you know it, you'll find yourself submitting to the pleasure that he'll give.

That was it for him. Since it has been a while and Enkidu has not arrived yet, Gil decided to head off into your room. It was just early through the night but he didn't mind. LIke he said, tonight is going to be a long one.

Before heading to your room, he went to his chamber first, He quickly discarded his upper armor, removing the heavy pieces one at a time until all that's left is his bottom armor. He gave a sigh of relief the moment the cold air brushed against his torso.

After all that's done, he wasted no time and quickly made his way to your room, at the other side of the ziggurat. The iimages in his mind became more and more wild with every step that he took towards your chamber.

At last, before he knew it, he is now standing in front of your doorway, the only thing that's in the way is the curtain that hang on it. Gil reached his hand out to sweep the cloth aside but just mere inches before his finger makes contact with the curtain, his hand bounced back.

He groaned in confusion as he reached out again to try but his attempts were in vain. He then realized that a bounded field has been placed on your doorway. Physical attempts to break it would be futile unless he'd unleash a great amount of strength thaat might even destroy the whole place.

So instead, he tried summoning his gate of babylon inside your chamber to taunt you into removing the field. Yet once more, his efforts were fruitless. Somehow, the gate of babylon could not be opened inside your chamber. It's as if your room is in another world apart from here wherein his noble phantasm couldn't even reach.

LIttle did he know, you and the barrier were connected in some way since it was you who set it up. You can sense it whenever someone makes contact with the field, and when someone attempts to break it.

Beneath the curtain, you could see a pair of golden shoes standing in front of your chamber and you know exactly who it is. You were lying on your bed as you watched Gil try to break it open. His futile attempts gave you pride in your work. 

"Well, someone wants to see me," you thought. You decided to grace his eyes with your presence as reward to his fruitless efforts. You got off your bed and took your time in walking towards the doorway. 

You swept the curtains aside, revealing a half-naked, sexually frustrated king. You placed one hand against the wall, pinning the curtain aside so that it wont fall. Your other hand lays on top if your hips as you gave him a cocky smile.

Gilgamesh stared back at you with furrowed brows. You smiled in way that you've placed down the right cards and is now winning the game; he hated it. "Better luck next time, my king," you said the last part in a manner that both teases and mocks his frustration.

Before he could even look down to see you in a revealing sleepwear, your hand already let go of the curtain, letting it fall to block his view. You hummed in delight as you made your way back to your bed, satisfaction rising through your system. It's about time he meets a woman that doesn't slave to his godly appearance.

On the other side of your doorway, Gilgamesh furiously walked away although he doesn't deny the fact that he was amazed to know that aside from being a princess, you were also a mage but the tension growing in between his legs got the better of him.

He was on his way to his chambers when he came across Enkidu. "Your highness!" Enkidu exclaimed. "I heard you were looking for me."

Gilgamesh clicked his tongue at the roof of his mouth. "Bring Shinaku over," he said, ignoring his friend's greeting. He headed straight to his room where he discarded his remaining garments and sat on his bed waiting for the woman.

Enkidu confusely watched the king stomp away. He glanced at the direction he came from and realized that Gil probably went to your chamber yet failed in doing so. Enkidu knew about the bounded field set up there although he is yet to see it. Siduri has only mentioned it to him before.

Without further ado, he was once again about to head out when fortunately, he already came across Shinaku. "Oh hello, Enkidu!" She greeted innocently as if a child of purity. "Is Gilgamesh here tonight?"

"His majesty is in his chamber," Enkidu replied. He hesitated before telling her that the king asked for her presence. Her eyes gleamed in delight as she hurriedly excused herself to head to the king's room. Somehow, Enkidu felt pity for her. Her delusions are pretty much obvious, after all.

Shinaku rushed towards the king's chamber and with no hesitation barged in. He saw Gil sitting by the edge of the bed, already naked and it excited her. Seductively, she walked towards him as she shed her clothes off one by one.

The moment she was near him, Gil immediately grabbed her and tossed her into bed. She squealed in shock as her back made contact with the bed. Gil's unsatisfied expression looming over her was the last thing she saw before she was driven into euphoria.