Chapter Seventeen: A Dangerous Game

You threw your wet hair behind your shoulders as you walked down the hall. The encounter from earlier left a bitter taste in your mouth you couldn't quite throw off, kinda like when you drop your scythe during your mock battles with Ajamu; annoying yet interesting.

Nearing the Royal Hall, you suddenly stopped in your tracks. For a moment, you hesitated. Chances are high you'd come across the king and that is the last thing you wanted. Unfortunately, there was no other way to reach your room but to pass through the throne.

It's not that you were afraid. Hell, that'll be the final thing you'll feel about him. You just don't want to come across trouble and he is the embodiment of that. If others throw themselves at him, you don't.

You shook your thoughts away as you carried on. Halfway through the corner, you came face to face with the devil. He stood in front of you, his shoulder meeting your gaze, body facing sidewards. You took a step to the right to walk past him but he mirrored your movement to block the way, finally turning to face you.

You took another step to your left and tried your luck but he was able to block you again. "What do you want?" You asked him, slowly lifting your face up to look at him.

"Nothing you need to know," he replied.

"Then move away," you said, taking another step sideward and successfully walking past him. You know well the difference between someone who's genuinely unable to block you and someone who purposefully lets you pass only to take back the access you were permitted afterward. You were sure he's the latter one.

Before you could get away, you felt a tight grip on your wrist as you were pulled backward. The next thing you knew, your back already hit the wall. Gilgamesh has one of your hands pinned against the wall as he stood in front of you. 

You immediately looked up and glared daggers at him. "Let go," you said in a commanding tone.

"Why do you deny me?" He asked in a dangerously low voice it almost sent chills running down your spine. 

"Nothing you need to know," you replied, mocking the way he said it earlier. You shook your arm in an attempt to get him to let go but it was futile. As you were struggling, he took this opportunity to grab a hold of your other hand and completely pin you against the wall.

His face was close, nose almost touching yours. You tried to move your head farther back but it's already against the wall. His knee rubs against your thigh, making the hairs at the back of your head stand up.

"Nobody has ever denied me before," he whispered, leaning in close to your ear. "How dare you do so?"

"I'm not a slut," you hissed, earning you a low chuckle from the king. "You sure you're not?" He asked. The way he said those words made your heart thump in a way that you knew nothing good would happen soon. Your fingertips went cold and all you wanted to do was get away as soon as possible. 

He pushed one knee forward in an attempt to spread your thighs apart. You fought hard to keep them closed but his strength was far beyond your; Gilgamesh dislikes losing. A gasp escaped your lips the moment his knees have successfully made its way between your thighs, making contact with the wall behind you.

Gilgamesh's lips pressed against your neck, showering it with kisses. You bit your lip to hold your whimpers back, knowing it will please him to hear you. He wanted you to submit to him. He wanted you to chase him. He wanted you to experience heaven and beg him to give you more.

Knowing you wouldn't do so easily, he pushed his knee upward, hitting your womanhood. It took you by surprise that you had no choice but to let a cry out. You felt him smirk upon your neck. The foreign feeling at your core makes you shudder.

Your eyes were getting blurry from tears that trickled its corners as your mind began spinning into a spiral of foreign feelings stirred in your body. You were almost about to let your resistance down knowing that the only way to get past this is to go through it when a voice stopped everything.

"That's enough, Gilgamesh," a firm voice resonated through the hall. It had the same tone during the day a foreign individual caused chaos in your kingdom. At that moment, Gilgamesh stopped. His lips no longer went back to savor your neck. He looked sideways and so did you. At the other end of the hallway, stood Enkidu.

You felt Gil's grip on your wrists loosen. That's the time you pulled your hands away and run off, leaving the two males behind. You ran away as fast as you can, heading towards your room. You felt your vision blur from the tears that silently slid down your cheeks. They were short-lived as the wind whipped them off.

The moment you reached your room, you wanted to throw yourself on the bed and cry but you weren't a damsel in distress. You clenched your fists as you heaved a few deep breaths to calm yourself down. 

The side of your neck still burns from the unwanted gestures Gil had showered you with as if his touches were marks that wouldn't go away in a long time. You could still feel his hands gripping your wrist. You just got out of the waters but now you felt like washing yourself again. You felt disgusted.

You were angry. You wanted to cry. You wanted to gather your belongings and run away to somewhere that is not this ziggurat. Knowing yourself well, though, you're not one to run away whenever problems arise.

Yes, Gilgamesh is the king. This place probably revolves around him but you are a foreigner to this land. You weren't born here and you wouldn't call yourself one of those who fall inferior to his commands.

That's right. You're (y/n), princess of the great empire of Al-Simr, the daughter of the Gods, the divine child of this era. It will take more than an arrogant king to bring you down. Yet you were still a woman and the invasion of privacy from earlier made you feel violated. To be touched in places beyond your permission is something that couldn't be erased overnight.

Yet gathering the courage you have nurtured through the years, you regained your composure. Being a strong woman is not a permission for Gilgamesh to repeatedly do what he's done knowing that it will take some time to break you. Your rights were disrespected and you are not overlooking that. But this time, seeing you affected by what he has done will only serve to bring him more entertainment.

"Princess?" You heard a gentle voice outside your room. "Are you in here?" It was enough to pull you back to the reality that is this place. Judging from the feminine tone, you know exactly who it was. Gently, you ran your fingers across the back of your head, smoothing your hair. "I'm here," you replied.

"Thank goodness," Siduri said. "I wondered where you went." You could hear the relief in her voice as you made your way towards your doorway and stepped outside. Siduri stood in front of you, her hands clasped in front of her chest.

"Where would I be going?" You asked jokingly, trying to lift the atmosphere up. It doesn't seem like she's aware of what happened earlier. "Well, then, I'll have my breakfast now."

"Yes, right this way, my lady," she said, leading the way. You know full well your destination is the dining hall. At the same time, you know well you'll cross paths with the king once more. With you living in this place, it will never be unavoidable. 

But... did you have to avoid him in the first place?