Level 2

Keep in mind, we are still in Sora's POV

I hope we can all get along well. Honestly I know Ryu and I will get along but I'm not so sure about Dusk and Hanako..
With Dusk being a Demi god and Hanako being a demon lord..

I sighed as I laid down on my bed and thought about what is ahead in level 2 of the tree branch.

I fell asleep in an instant as I was tired from all the stuff I have been doing. I can't believe it's only been a month or two since I arrived. So much has happened.

*beep* *beep*

I grunted as I got up. "This is giving me glimpses of my past life.. damn.. I wonder what mom and dad are doing. I hope they are coping with their money and all.."

As I was reminiscing my past life, Dusk ran into my room.

"Sora get up! The gate to level 2 is opening in 20 minutes!!"

I fell off my bed and rushed to shower.
I put on my clothes and ran to the gate entrance.

The Supervisor appeared after we waited for a few minutes.

"Hello contestants and congratulations on making it to level 2! Everyone here has potential to become a God!"

Everyone cheered at that comment of his.

"Now in level 2, instead of running towards the gate, you will be in a large cave! There will be strong monsters around each corner and the only way to get to the other side of this cave maze is to beat them! Be aware that different routes lead to different spots with different t difficulty levels! The next gate has spots for 5000 people! So be fast!"

Everyone cheered while some was grunting as they knew they would probably not make it.

"Now let the Branch open!"

The gate opens and everyone surges through the gate and rushes into the gate. Dusk, Hanako, Ryu and I were getting pushed back.

Ryu took his bell out and hit it a couple of time with his Axe. It created a barrier around the four of us. Someone ran into the barrier and fainted as his head hit it.

"Damn Ryu! You can do this?!"
"I can do so much more Sora.."

I patted him on the back and we moved forward. The barrier moved as we moved.

Eventually we came to a halt because there was four routes.

"Which route shall we pick?"

Dusk stepped forward and insisted we entered route 3.

We all nodded but out of nowhere, Hanako started insisting we went to route 1.

"Why?!"
"Trust me! It's better!" Hanako said unconvincingly. "Who do you trust? Me or that demon?"

"... She's literally.. never mind."

We all ended up taking the first route and I saw Hanako smirking at Dusk. Dusk just returned a smile.

As we kept walking, the path of the cave became smaller and smaller. It eventually became so small only one of us could go at a time.

"Hanako you should go first."
"Why?!"
"Because you're the smallest and you suggested it." Ryu said with no emotion.

"Ok geez fine." She said while pouting before going in.

As we went in, we reached a large cave that had a man sitting in the middle of the cave.

This man had two swords sheathed behind his back and had almost no clothing on.

"Holy shit! Is he naked?!"
"No he's wearing underwear.."

The man did not move.

"I think this a trial. If we attack him he would attack us. My dad has talked about this before.." dusk said

I was not prepared. What if he was stronger than all of us.

Without hesitation, Hanako attacked him. The man flew out from the sandstorm that was created due to her punch and unsheathed one of his sword.

He stealthily swung at Hanako but Hanako dodged his attack in time.

"Not too bad!" Hanako said.
In a second, Hanako's pigtails dropped on the floor.

"Wha-?! You cut my hair!! Now I have short hair!! No!!"

She turned to look at me. "Am I still pretty?" She said with a teary face.

"WHO CARES ABOUT THAT NOW?! "

The man's eyes glowed red and started slicing at us. His force was so strong it destroyed the rocks all around us.

Dusk yelled at us to get back.

"Stay cautious!" Dusk said with a serious face.

We all were shocked as Dusk was afraid.

"That man is a legend. I didn't notice till now but his power level right now is on par with mine.. maybe higher."

The man stared them down.

The battle ensues.