Epilogue

Hindi pangkaraniwan ang lamig na sumalubong sa akin pagbaba ko pa lang ng eroplano. Simula ngayon, ito na ang magiging tahanan ko, dahil narito ang puso ko.

Ayaw ko nang magtanong lagi kung kumain na kaya siya?

Nasa trabaho na ba?

Nakakatulog ba siya nang maayos?

Marami ba siyang ginagawa?

I remembered the first time I noticed her inside my class. She was secretly taking a picture of me. Pasimple akong natawa pero hindi na iyon bago. Bawat klase na papasukan ko, may mga babaeng kulang na lang ay hubaran na ako sa paningin nila.

Nasundan pa iyon ng ilan pang mga pangyayari. But the most unforgettable was when she presented something on a class. She was not the most outstanding, but she really caught my eyes. The way she talk about everything like she knew all of it very well.

Plus she asked me the most remarkable question...

"I did great, right?"

Hinatak ko ang bagahe ko palabas ng airport. Agad kong nasulyapan ang kaibigang matagal ko ring hindi nakita.

It's been a long time, Toronto.

"Bro, what's up?!" I greeted.

We did a fist bump. Iginiya niya ako patungo sa kaniyang sasakyan.

"Man, you're back."

"Obviously, Steve."

Steve Pendleton was my friend when I was in Canada for four years. Siya na rin ang inutusan kong magbantay kay Belle habang wala ako rito.

"Because of a girl," he teased.

"How is she?"

"She's doing fine, I guess? You know what? It took me a lot of courage to watch her everyday. I mean, why not Thalia, man?"

Natawa kaming pareho sa kaniya. Ikinuwento niya pa kung paano siya sungitan ni Belle, dahil inaya niya itong mag-lunch.

"By the way, what took you so long?"

"I finished my projects before I went here."

Hinatid niya ako sa apartment na tinutuluyan ko noon. Bukod sa malapit ito sa kompanya, malapit lang din nakatira rito si Belle.

Inayos ko muna ang mga gamit ko buong araw. Lumabas ako pagsapit ng gabi para kumain. Winter season sa Canada kaya balot na balot ang mga tao. Tuwa ang naramdaman ko sa bawat paghakbang. The building and lights made me wish for her presence.

There, I saw her wearing a blue winter coat and blue beanie, walking down the street by herself. I stopped five meters away from her. She then caught my eyes and suddenly stilled in the middle. She looked flabbergasted with her wide eyes and mouth went slightly open.

Marahan siyang nagpatuloy sa paglalakad patungo sa akin. I was expecting that she would run after me, but it didn't happen. Instead, she touched my cheeks as if she was examining my face.

"You're real," she said, tears were about to fall on her eyes.

"I am, love. Do you miss m—"

She hugged me. Her shoulders started to tremble. I heard her sobs and felt her tears on my neck.

"I miss you so much," she cried.

"Nandito na 'ko. Napakaiyakin mo naman. May kasama ka na ulit."

I kissed her forehead as a promise. I enjoyed my dinner because of her. She brought me to her favorite steak house. She told me lots of things I've missed when I was away.