(2.1) Death at a wedding

When I walked down the aisle by myself I was a bit embarrassed.

I didn't have Charlotte's memories passed with me when I reincarnated here, and they didn't really mention her family in a novel.

Apparently, my father died about a year ago and my mother died while giving birth to me, what a pity, I was an orphan before and I am an orphan this life too.

Anyways, my uncle is apparently taking over my fathers work since I can't, and I don't think he likes me since 1, he didn't walk me down the aisle and 2, while I was walking down the aisle he was glaring at me hard.

I was a bit sad though, I thought that in my second life I would know what it was like to have a loving family but- I guess not.

The wedding bells played as a knight walked me down the aisle, I couldn't really see Erza when I walked in front of him since my wedding veil was restricting my eye sight, but I do know he is very tall.

I glanced at him through the veil, he didn't glance at me once, he only stared straight ahead at the priest.

He really hates me doesn't he?

"Do you?.....Take Charlotte Mia, of the Crescent family, as your lovely wife?"

"Yes, I do" Ezra said, with an emotionless tone.

I don't know why but my hands started trembling at his voice, I don't know if it was out of fear or admiration.

Don't get me wrong his voice was very....deep...and sexy but- I just can't get the voices out of my head repeating that he's a murderer.

"And do you, take Erza Durreal, of the Durreal family, as your lovely husband"

"I do!" I said in a hesitant, small voice.

God why am I hesitating! It's not that hard to avoid death! Just stay calm Charlotte, just don't drink anything and you will be fine! Stop thinking about-

"You may now kiss the bride"

Shoot Shoot Shoot. I thought as I tried to cover my sweaty hands.

He turned towards me as I did the same for him. I was about to grab my veil but before I could he grabbed the edge and uncovered the veil.

My eyes widened.

I saw him.

Clearly.

The novels description and the fan arts of him doesn't do him justice.

He looked so beautiful, with his long black hair tied back with a single red ribbon, he was dressed in his wedding attire- a long black cape covering a regular black shirt and pants decorated with red and gold embroidery on the edges.

And his eyes- were an unusual red color, everyone with mage blood has a dark red eye color, and it looks beautiful on him.