(8) Embroidery

It's been about three months since I've been married, and it's been rather smooth.

Xaviar and I have gotten a bit closer, he doesn't call me mother, he mostly calls me idiot but sometimes Charlotte too. He only calls me slave when he's angry.

I hang out with him during his sword sessions, one time I tried to duel him after I felt confident getting taught by his father, but he almost killed me.

Like litterally almost stabbed me in the neck.

I teach him math too, he wondered how I solved the questions so fast and wanted to know. He caught on quickly and in return he taught me royal etiquette that I apparently don't show.

Erza is mainly is the same, I don't see him much during the day, only during the mornings when he teaches me how to fight, and during dinner, the rest of the day he works all the time.

Though, I think that he stares at me a lot more for the past couple of days, it makes me nervous, it looks like he's trying to find out my...secret.

Now, we are getting ready to go to a royal party.... I honestly don't remember who it's for but I know a lot of important people will be there, like my uncle.....

Hopefully he won't try to assassinate me.

For the party I secretly took one of Erza and Xaviars mage cape thingys so I could embroider their names and the family logo on it.

They always wear that black, boring cape and I wanted to add some spice to it, especially since it's a party we need to dress to impress.

I actually knew how to embroider from my past life, my teacher in elementary school taught me when I sat inside for pe.

I never had a lot of friends so I didn't have anyone to play with, my teacher understood and helped me entertain myself with embroidery.

Anyways, for the party I'm wearing a beautiful yellow sparkle dress with flowers on my chest, it goes down to my ankles and it has a small bow on the back of my neck.

As I was waiting in our room for Erza, when he finally came in he paused when he saw me.

Um awkward.

He didn't say anything he just stared at me, do I look that different!?

"Um, lets go, Xaviar is probably already waiting at the carriage."

He didn't say anything, so I walked out past him, and when I wasn't facing him he said-

"You.....look pretty"

I paused in shock, he rarely gave compliments so I couldn't believe it. But I just turned to him and smiled,

"Thank you, you look handsome yourself...."
.
.
.
.
.
"Hey idiot, you look less ugly today." Xaviar greeted me when he saw me.

"Thank you, you look....the same....in a bad way..."

He glared at me when I said that but I smiled sweetly.

"Oh here these are for you two" I said handing them both their magic capes.

"What....is this?" Erza asked in confusion,

"I embroidered your magic capes, it has your name on your right chest with the family logo. See I have a matching one but on a shawl"

"Magic capes!? This isn't a magic cape....but when did you learn to embroider well? You suck at everything" Xaviar said.

"Just take it ugly" I said slapping the back of his head.

I looked to see Erza putting on his cape and I smiled, at least he's wearing it.

"See Erza is wearing it....here let me help you-"

Xaviar slapped my hand away, "I can do it myself!!"

He quickly put on his little cape thing and I smiled.

"T-Thanks Charlotte" he said looking away to hide his blush.

"No problem, now let's go before we are late!!"

Hopefully this will be a peaceful dinner party.
(Edited)