(5) Hell Froze Over

".....and make sure to....."

"Huh!?" I woke up to a bright light, I closed my eyes and reopened them to see Erza very close to my face.

"Um...why are you so close? Personal space please?"

"Tuh,"

Tuh?

He just backed away from me and grabbed his mage cape.

"You'll be late for breakfast if you don't hurry up...." is all he said before walking out the room.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was walking to the dining hall, right before I walked in I heard faint voices...and me being me I had to snoop.

"...why would you save her father?" I heard Xaviar ask in frustration. "I thought you said she was an obnoxious spoiled girl and you wanted to get rid of her!"

"......I don't know...she's acting very strange...."

Yeah, because I'm not the Charlotte you know, but I can't say that they'll think I'm crazy.

"Yes but father, I don't trust that skank, I never will!"

Erza just ignored him, grabbing his coffee cup and taking a sip.

Xaviar grabbed the fork and stabbed it into his pancakes in rage.

Xaviar speaks a little casually to Erza, I guess he isn't afraid of him, I mean he's the devils child so he's the demon-

Wait what am I even saying!? Ugh I should just go in.

I opened the doors and they didn't even look at me as I went over and sat on the opposite side of Erza next to Xaviar.

"Sorry I'm late" I said before fixing my dress.

"Done snooping?"  Erza asked reading the newspaper.

I flinched, shoot I was caught.

"Ahahahaha, I just wanted you guys to finish your-"

"Why are you sitting there?" Xaviar asked.

"Huh? I thought this is where I'm supposed to sit?"

"Are you dumb? You're supsposed to sit on the other side of father you imbecile."

I narrowed my eyes. Imbecile? Combing my past age and the age I am right now.....I'm basically the wisest person here.

Wait, how old is Charlotte in this life anyway?

"Hah, imbecile you say?? Weren't you taught to respect your elders?"

"No, I only give respect to people to deserve it, not to idiots like you."

"If I'm an idiot then why am I smarter than you....idiot" I emphasized glaring at him.

Ha! I'll have you know I was taking classes in high school at a college level! He's just some middle school kid how smart can he be?

"Didn't you drop out of school idiot. You had the lowest scores in your school"

Huh? I did? Ugh I was born into an idiot body.

"I'll have you know I didn't drop out because I was dumb, I dropped out because it was too easy" I said looking away.

Curse you past Charlotte!

"That doesn't even make any sense-"

"How about we test you both, and whoever has the higher test score can tutor the other person."

"Ha, easy, the hard part will be teaching a stupid girl." Xaviar declared.

"Ha! I'll have you know I was top of my class (in my past life), my knowledge is far more superior that you!"

With both of us glaring at each other the tension in the air was thin.

"Well since you're so confident why don't we add some more conditions??....if it turns out that you are an idiot like I said you'll be my slave!"

"Ha never going to happen, when I win I'll make you my slave and carry me around everywhere."

"It's on!"

"It's on!"

We both kept on glaring at each other until Erza let out a chuckle.

Wait.

Did he just....chuckle? Or was that a cough?

No that was definitely a chuckle. Erza? The devil on earth is chuckling? Has hell frozen over!?

(Edited)