(14) Festival

"Why not? You are my son..."

It's been two months since the royal party and five months since my reincarnation.

Erza and I kind of got closer, after he thought I got amnesia, he eats breakfast with me and teaches me how to wield a sword.

I think we've gotten close to the point where he doesn't make me think he'll kill me.

Xaviar and I got so much closer over the past two months, I guess he liked it when I defended him. He only occasionally insults me and even called me mom TWICE. I still remember the first time he did.....

"What are you cooking?" Xaviar asked staring at me, "I've never seen this dish before"

Yeah, because this is from my world.

"This is called cake pops, it's like cake, but in a ball form. It's fun to make see?"

I told Xaviar to wash his hands and stood behind him while holding his hands.

"First grab a scoop of the cake then mold it into a ball like that." I said while guiding his hands. "Then stick it on the stick"

"Now we have to dip it into this icing.....and now we decorate it! Let's dip it in sprinkles."

I see a hint of a smile on Xaviars face, so cute.

"So this is what it's like to cook with your mother..."

"Hmm? Did you just call me mom!?"

"W-What!? Are you crazy I-Idiot, I-I would never-"

He cut himself off and looked down.

"I guess I did call you that, M-Mother"

Before I could even react he ran out the room.

Ahh good times.

Now to comoderate our closenesss I decided that-

"Family day!" I exclaimed.

They stared at me with a look of confusion.

"Today we will go to a nice restaurant, and go to the festival to get our portraits drawn" I said smiling.

I've never had a family to go to the festival with, and I feel like this could be really fun.

"I'm fine with going with you but...why him?" Xaviar said glancing at Erza.

Ah so their relationship still isn't good.

"Same goes for you, son" Erza said.

"But I want to do this as a family? Can't you guys grant me this one wish? please please please."

Xaviar rolled his eyes. "Fine"

Erza shrugged.

"Great! Because I already bought the kimonos!"
.
.
.
.
.

"This is stupid, why are we wearing commoner clothes? And you do know there's a seperate part for nobles so why aren't we going with them?"

"Because the nobels festival is overpriced, also you look so cute Xaviar" I said rubbing his head

"T-Thanks" he said blushing.

"What about me?" Erza asked tilting his head.

Gosh he's so desperate for attention.

"You're handsome Ezra" I said smiling.

I grabbed both of their hands.

"Alright let's go!!"

-

"Two taiyakis please."

The kind lady gave me two and when I was about to pay her Erza gave her a silver coin.

"Erza-"

"Thank you sir! Thank you so much!"

To express her gratitude she gave us two extra.

Erza and Xaviar looked confused but I just shook my head and walked away.

"Why was she acting like that? It's just a silver coin"

"It only cost two bronze coins not one silver! You don't know what it's like to be scrapping for money, this one insignificant silver coin might be a life saver to them."

"You do?" Erza asked tilting his head.

Out of my whole speech that's what he got out of it!?

"Wow this is really good for commoner food," Xaviar said staring at the taiyaki

What am I going to do with them?

"Let's get our portrait drawn" I said rolling my eyes.