(11) Tricked

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

After we got ready for bed Ezra was just staring at me with blank eyes.

What's up with him? Is he going to kill me? Has Erza from the book appeared?

"Hello? Ezra-"

"Remember what you promised before we got married?"

Huh? Our promise.....?

Shoot, I don't remember. Sadly I didn't get any memories from the previous Charlotte so all the information I have is from the prologue of the story.

That doesn't give me any information! I litterally die on the first page!

"Our promise?...ah yes I do? But what does that-"

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

"What was it?"

I stared deep into his eyes when it flashed a dark blue color.

Ah! He's trying to use magic on me!

I made the mistake of turning my head to the side before I realized my mistake.

No one knows of his powers except for his close family.

Everyone knew he was a mage of course, but when his eyes turn blue it unlocks a new type of powers only certain people know about, he uses a type of power to conceal this eye change but he probably disabled it to catch me.

But why? Did he find out I'm not the real Charlotte?

"You know my power? How do you know!?"

He grabbed his sword that was hidden and pointed it at me.

I let out a yelp, "w-wait hold up Ezra I can explain!"

"I knew you were suspicious but your actions now confirm your not Charlotte, the Charlotte before hated to be touched on her wrist, she didn't know about my powers, she was stupid, she didn't know embroidery......and she certainly didn't know about a promise that we never made."

Shoot.

I got tricked

I'm so stupid.

"So, if you don't give me an explanation in five seconds I will cut your head off....so tell me who are you? Are you here to get my trust and kill me? Or kill the royal family? Or-"

I grabbed the dull side of his sword and pushed it away.

"I am Charlotte....but not the Charlotte you know!!"

I closed my eyes and screamed the last part, but I heard a long stretch of silence before he put the sword away and said "oh, really?"

W-What!? He believed that!?