two

\ wherein she met him, he who would remember her longer than forever /

"WHAT MOVIE SHOULD WE WATCH?" Sophia frowned, flicking through all the different films on tv. I opened my mouth to respond, grinning, before she suddenly added, "and if you say Harry Potter, I will throw this remote at you."

"Harry Potter," I hummed, ignoring the girl who groaned loudly and tossed the remote to me. 

she never told me about a lot of her life, including this part. i'm sorry i never asked. 

"Sleepovers are supposed to be fun, like staying up and binging rom-coms all night!" 

"Nobody likes rom-coms anyways," I deadpanned, taking the remote and putting on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was pointless to even turn on a movie; Sophia had fallen asleep five minutes in. My focus had initially been only on the movie, but I found my thoughts drifting away from the boy who lived and his messed-up life to the day I had first read the book that changed my life. 

"Come on, sweetie! Try it! You might like it!" Dad had said, handing me the book.

"NUH-UH!"I screamed, throwing the book onto the couch. "HARRY POTTER IS HORRIBLE!"

"Please? For me?" He asked, pouting.

"Fiiiiine," I groaned, rolling my eyes and taking the book. I sprinted up to my room and slammed the door with a 'bang' that I swore shook the house. 

"Hey, you good?" A voice said, shaking me back to reality.

"Yeah, fine. What woke you? Was it the epic-ness of the movie?" I said, plastering on a fake smile. Sophia didn't return it.

"Pheobe...are you ok?" The blonde repeated. 

"Yeah, I'm fine!" I said, trying to manage a weak smile. "One hundred percent!" She saw right through it and pulled me into a hug.

"You still thinking about it? It's ok, your mum was probably the nicest person ever. And your dad does not deserve to be where he is right now." She said soothingly. "Now, let's get back to the movie, shall we?"

"Let's."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"That's wicked, Pheeb!"

"Brilliant!" Kylie and Jamie exclaimed at school the next day, looking at the Time-Turner dangling from my neck. 

"Thanks! Shall we go back in time?"

"Fuck yeah, please," Jamie sighed, glaring up at the sky, "I need to go to a time before our stupid finals." 

"How about the age of the dinosaurs?" said a voice, as the three of us looked up to see Sophia walking towards us with a smile. 

"How about the year Harry went to the Triwizard Tournament? Let's go to...1994 Kings Cross, 26 years ago, so-" I said, rotating the Time-Turner teasingly. But suddenly, the world started spinning and Sophia, Jamie, Kylie, and the school disappeared from my view. Feeling like I was going to throw up, I shut my eyes tightly.