eight

\ in which she saves the one who saves her /

I FELT THE WORLD stop spinning finally, and it took everything in me not to vomit all over the pristine white tiles I now stood on. I stared at the book in my hand for a second, temporarily dumbstruck, before flinging it across the room with all the strength I had- but it barely went two feet and my arms suddenly felt weak, like jell-o, as if all the energy had been sapped out of me. 

"What the fuck-"

"She's 'ere! Grab 'er!" A gruff voice shouted, and I heard thumping footsteps coming closer to me. Hands were clamped over my eyes and mouth before I could process anything, and I felt two other hands grabbing my arms and pinning them behind me, a rope tying them together. The hand covering my mouth loosened a little and I quickly took my chance, and screamed at the top of my lungs. 

"Shut the fuck up, Mudblood," a voice snarled. It was beyond me how I found the strength to snap, 

"Your breath stinks. Want a mint? Although I doubt it'd do anyth-"

"Someone shut the bitch up," another voice growled. "Or I'm going to dismember her, and then all of you."

"Langlock." a voice hissed, and when I tried to open my mouth again, my jaw felt tight and locked, almost glued shut. 

"Look at 'er. So scared. 'Aww help me, I want my mommy!'" A voice exclaimed mockingly. I ignored all the taunting men and focused on using what little energy I had left to untie the knot behind me. 

"Can't we just take a little piece of her? An ear, perhaps?"

"The Dark Lord gave us instructions to bring her to him fully unharmed. If you want to be on the other side of that, go ahead."

I undid one of the knots and felt a ripple of ecstasy pass through me, before someone roughly grabbed my shoulders and pushed me against a wall, retying the knot even tighter, and I was sure this would leave a permanent mark. 

"Fuck this," they growled, "let's do something more fun. God knows how much she probably deserves it." I bit my lip, trying my hardest not to literally shake in fear as I worked on untying the knots again, extremely grateful Sophia had forced me to take a class on 'how to untie ropes when kidnapped' when we were twelve. 

"Oh, come on. She's fourteen years old."

"Wimp. I'll do it myself, then. Don't blame me when you miss out on all the fun."

"Wait, what's she-"

The second my hands were free, I kicked whoever was standing in front of me and thrashed around for a couple seconds, relieved when I heard a loud 'thump,' and reached up, quickly ripping off the blindfold and taking off without a glance backward at who my captors were. 

I ran as far as my legs would take me, surrounded by the pure white tiles on all the walls, the ceiling, and the floor, and when someone grabbed my hands and slammed my head against a wall, I was glad to succumb to the darkness. 

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

I opened my eyes to see a blindingly white room, and was reminded vaguely of a hospital room. I tested out my parched tongue and jaw before speaking,