nine

\ wherein she wakes /

"AH, I BELIEVE SHE WILL awaken any moment now..." said an ear-bleedingly cheery voice. I opened my eyes groggily and saw a perfectly white ceiling, and shut my eyes again, wishing I hadn't opened them. 

I was still at wherever Voldemort had brought me too, except I was now on a bed while they sat there and taunted me. Groaning and wishing they would just say I was dead and move on, I rolled over to my side and pulled the covers over my head in my daze- as if that would do anything. 

"Pheobe?"

"Go away, no nose," I muttered, rubbing my eyes. "I'm dead or something."

"The hell you are! Where the fuck- er- sorry Professor-"

"I seem to have gone temporarily deaf..."

"Er-"

"Right, well- where the fuck have you been?" 

"One second we're all going to bed or whatever, then you show up here a day later, bloody unconscio-"

"Mr. Potter! Mr. Weasley! If you could bear to wait just a few more hours, I am sure you would get the wisp of a reasonable response!" snapped a brisk voice. "She woke up after unconsciousness and lord knows what has happened to her, however I must insist all of you- even you, Professor- leave! Her mind is still muddy after the countless potions I've had to give..." I tuned the stern voice out but I could still hear Voldemort's and Wormtail's voices ringing in my ears, mixed in with the three voices that belonged to my friends, and it felt like my head was submerged underwater. 

"Am I dead?" 

someone sharply whacked me round the head. 

"Ronald!"

My thoughts felt muddled, but suddenly all the voices fell quiet and I realized there was only one option left as to where I was, if not with Voldemort. 

"God?"

"No, you're in Hell."

"I think the fuck not," I muttered, grinning dazedly as I pulled the covers off of me, deciding that Voldemort probably would have killed me if it really was him. "Ron?"

"One and only."

"Harry?"

"No, this is Patrick."

this answer caught me by surprise, and I blinked a couple times as four blurry figures came into focus. Someone handed me a pair of glasses and I slipped them on as my vision cleared, revealing a girl with bushy hair who looked extremely concerned; a ginger with a smirk etched on his face which did nothing to hide the concern in his blue eyes; a boy with lit-up green eyes but with furrowed eyebrows; and a man with a long beard who looked absolutely pleasant and supremely unperturbed. 

I searched for the words- how the hell did you find me? What happened?- but all I could settle for was a simple, "hi."

"Three days of unconsciousness and you go for hi."

"Three days? Damn." I reached a hand up to my head but paused when I felt the papery feeling of bandages on my forehead. 

"Yeah, that happened. No idea how, but you needed a hell of a lot of potions just to get there."