twenty-six

\ wherein they're put on the spot /

"YOU'RE ACTING WEIRD again," Ron said at breakfast. 

"How so?" I frowned, grabbing some buttered toast. 

"I dunno. I can, like, sense it. Intuition."

"Yeah? Does your intuition tell you why it thinks I'm acting weird?" Ron squinted at me for a second. 

"You had a weird dream." I shrugged. 

"Close. You know how you guys have been wondering if my dad's Sirius Black?"

"Yes," Hermione said suspiciously. 

"Yeah, that was pretty much confirmed," I said. "There's a bunch that proves it." Ron and Hermione's eyebrows were raised. 

"Oh."

"I know. And you know how last month I thought I was an orphan?"

"Yeah?" Harry said uncertainly. 

"Yeah, it was confirmed...in a dream."

"...sorry?" Hermione looked up from her book. I shook my head. 

"I don't know either. I just had a dream of Voldemort killing my dad."

"...so, Sirius is dead in the future?"

"Voldemort exists in the future?"

"How do you know if it's true?" Hermione frowned. 

"My Mum's a Seer...was a Seer...is a Seer?"

"Oh," Ron said, "like Tree lady." I laughed slightly, nodding. 

"Yeah. Maybe I got a bit of that."

"Spooky," Harry grinned, "can you predict my future?"

"Sure. Palm," he held out his hand and I pretended to read the lines on his palm, before sudden images of an adult Harry and I at a wedding flashed through my mind. 

"Holy shit," I said, snapping back to reality and releasing him at once. 

"You can't actually..." Ron raised his eyebrows. "What'd you see?"

"I saw- I saw you and I at a wedding!" I exclaimed, gaping at Harry. Hermione shook her head. 

"That makes no sense. The wedding bit does, sure, but if you got some Seer traits, how come you've never known 'til now?"

"Maybe you've got to really try to see stuff," said Ron, looking impressed, before holding out his hand. "Me next!"

"Okay..." I said hesitantly, studying his palm, and clear images of Ron crying over the body of someone with red hair were all that came to my mind. I let go of his hand instantly. 

"What'd you see?" Hermione asked tentatively. 

"Er- I didn't see anything. I guess it's bullshit."