thirty-two

\ wherein she must defeat the third task (part two) /

"SHIT FUCK SHIT," I whisper exclaimed to myself, seeing the one and only Triwizard Cup glowing a couple of feet away from me. I spun around and made to head in the direction I had come in, but suddenly it felt like there was a rope tie around my waist that wouldn't let me leave the Cup. I sighed and internally swore at Barty Crouch Jr, wondering how I would get myself out of this. I had no choice but to head back to the Cup irritably, so I chose to stand a few feet away and glare at it- as if that would make it disappear.

"Shit!" groaned a voice. I spun and saw Cedric about to be dragged away by the vines, just as Fleur had been, before Harry grabbed Cedric's hand and pulled him up. 

"What are you doing?" Harry asked as he helped Cedric get closer to the cup until they were right where I was and finally noticed me. 

"... I'm observing?"

"Observing?" said Cedric, pulling out his wand and aiming it right at me. "This is a trick. Stay back, Harry."

If neither of them touched the Cup, neither of them would be transported to the graveyard. 

But then again, if only I was transported, there wouldn't be actual proof that Voldemort was back. 

Except that would completely go against my wishes of keeping the timeline intact.

I thought quickly before raising my wan to the sky. 

"You're forfeiting?" said Cedric and Harry, but I ignored them and muttered the spell to shoot up the red sparks--

only, it didn't work. 

"Fuck you, Barty," I said quietly before looking back up at Cedric and Harry and plastering on a smile. "I guess I'm not forfeiting after all.."

"...what?"

"You guys get the cup," I said quickly. 

"Really?" Cedric raised an eyebrow. "All that money? Giving it up, just like that?"

"I don't need the money," I said instantly. 

my dad was Sirius Black, who was literally loaded. I would be fine. 

"Harry, you get it," said Cerdric finally. "If you hadn't stopped to save me, you would've gotten it. You deserve it."

"Together?" Harry said. Cedric grinned and nodded, and Harry helped him to the Triwizard Cup, both of them putting their hands on it-

before Harry grabbed my hand and the ground fell out from under my feet. 

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed irritably, landing harshly on dry grass as Cedric and Harry fell down, rubbing their heads. 

"Where are we?" Harry said, looking around. 

"Is this another part to the maze?"

"What did you do? I told you I didn't-"