twenty-five

\ the memories bring back memories bring back you /

I HAD THE DREAM of a man being killed again, but this time it was clearer. It was the same as I had always seen, except the man had looked down at a shining silver necklace on his neck before Voldemort had mercilessly killed him.

And I knew exactly who he was. 

"Dad, will you wear this necklace?" I asked.

"You don't like it?" He asked, chuckling.

"Of course I do! I love it!" I exclaimed, holding the necklace to see it clearly. It was a thin chain, with a simple charm on it. It was silver, in the shape of a dove- my favorite bird. 

"Then you wear it!" He protested, smiling.

"I want you to have it," I said with finality.

"But I thought you loved it?"

"I do. But I love you more. So whenever you miss me, you look at it and smile, and I'll be with you. See? I have one too! So we'll always be together!" I said, showing him my bracelet, which had a dog on it. 

"Why do you have a dove and I have a dog?" He asked, holding up to the light.

"Because your favorite is a dog, and mine is a rabbit. Please put it on?" I asked. He smiled and put it around his neck.

"I'll never take it off," he promised, pulling me into a hug.

"Me either. So when you miss me at work, you just look at it, smile, and you won't be alone. No matter what." I instructed. He nodded. "See you when I get home, dad!" I said, slinging a backpack on my shoulder and rushing out the door, giving him a thumbs-up and a grin.

So I supposed it was final. My dad, Sirius Black, really and truly was, dead.