ten

\ wherein she realizes they care too much /

"HEY PHEOBE, OVER HERE!" a voice called, and my gaze darted to Ron waving me over. I grinned and walked over, sliding into the seat beside him and pulling a plate towards me. 

"Where'd you go earlier?" asked Hermione nonchalantly, stabbing some broccoli with her fork. 

"Just to the courtyard to watch the...birds." I winced. 

"The...what?"

"The birds?"

"Do you really think I'm as daft as these two?" Hermione rolled her eyes, motioning to Harry and Ron with the end of her fork. "I mean, this one's blind, and this one was too busy fanboying over Krum-"

"I was not fanboying!" Ron said indignantly. 

"Yes, yes, of course," Hermione said impatiently. 

"It was just, um, Dumbledore," I sighed as Harry piled several boiled vegetables on my plate while I spoke. "Harry- ugh, you suck."

"Eat up, child."

"I'm older than you-"

"I'm older than you by, like, twenty years or something. Eat." I swore under my breath and turned back to Hermione who was frowning at me expectantly. 

"Anyways...Dumbledore made the wonderful decision to confuse me, and then proceeded to leave with no explanation whatsoever. 

"Cheer up, Pheebster," said a voice as Fred slid into the seat to my right. 

"Pheeb- what?"

"Well, you need a nickname," said George, sitting beside Hermione and sounding very business-like, "there's Hermit and Ronnykins, the original couple of the group" he said, motioning to the two who scowled back, "and now our newest couple in your little group; Potty and Pheebster!"

"Potty, is that right?" Harry spoke up with raised eyebrows. Fred nodded, grinning. 

"Yes sir, got the idea from dad when he was learning about this Muggle thing called a 'Port-A-Potty'-"

"Ew!" I exclaimed, finding that Harry and Hermione had the same reaction I did, and it quickly occurred to me that all three of us had been brought up by Muggles. Ron frowned, as if waiting for an explanation, but one never came. 

"That's disgusting," I grimaced, "but also...fucking brilliant. Never letting that go."

"Wonderful." grumbled Harry. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a wide grin blooming on Ron's face as he quickly swallowed his mouthful, and I saw Harry grimace. "I don't like the look on your fa-"

"Potty the potty!" Ron exclaimed triumphantly. "We'll teach it to the rest of the school just so every time he goes to the bathroom-"

"Change the topic!" Harry groaned desperately. "Ron, aren't you mad about Ronnykins? Hermione- they called you a hermit!"

"Harry, Ronnykins is much better than Little Potty," grinned Ron.

"And hermit crabs are actually really important; they recycle energy back into the ecosystem and-"

"Pheeb-, they called you Pheebster! Be mad!" Harry switched routed before Hermione could educate us all on the importance of hermits. 

"Oh, hush, Harry, we all know being named after a toilet is the worst thing you can be named after," I grinned. Harry groaned and lay his head on the table defeatedly.

"I'm the freaking Chosen One, why the hell am I being named after Port-a-Potties?! Hey, God, what's going on up there? What did I do?!"

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"Please!"

"I told you, Harry, no!" I repeated as he followed me into the common room and I sat down on the couch in front of the fire. "Everything I say is vital this year! Next year, for sure, I'll tell you something-"

"Even who gets picked as champions? I just wanna know! Why won't you tell me? Unless..." I bit my lip anxiously, hoping he wouldn't put two and two together- he wouldn't, would he?

It took him, like, six years to realize his best friends were in love with each other. 

There was no way he would figure it out. 

"Am I one of the champions?"

well fuck. 

"Harry, that is absolutely absurd," I rolled my eyes, feigning nonchalance and attempting to be as calm as humanely possible, but by the look on Harry's face it clearly wasn't working. "Okay! Fine. I'll tell you one of the champions." he leaned in eagerly and for some reason I imagined what Sophia would do in this situation- yell 'YOUR MOM' and run for her life. 

Except, well. 

This was Harry Potter, the chosen orphan

"Fleur Delacour," I muttered under my breath. "You cannot tell a living soul before the names are pulled out of the goblet or I swear on my mother's grave I will bury you alive, Harry Potter." he blinked at me for a second. 

"Merlin, you're scary." he said finally. I grinned. 

"Thanks."