eighteen

\wherein she discovers a snake's secret /

I HAD THE DREAM of a man being mercilessly murdered by Voldemort once again, but I didn't have much time to ponder over it as I had promised Malfoy I would be by the doors to my common room at 11:15. 

it was currently 11:14.

I slipped my coat on quickly, flattening my hair while I brushed my teeth at top speed, and grabbed my wand off of my desk as I fled the dorm to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione pulling on jackets in the common room, talking excitedly. 

"Where should i go first? Zonko's? The Three Broomsticks?" Ron said. "Oh hey, Pheobe."

"Hey," I said, checking my watch.  "Bye." I quickly strode to the door and swung it open, revealing Draco Malfoy, arguing with the Fat Lady.

"I still can't believe you're going with Draco Malfoy." Harry said.

"Don't say it so loudly-!"

"WHAT? WHO? WHERE?" bellowed a voice as I face-palmed. 

"They'll never let you go." Hermione commented. 

"Remember that day they dragged me away?" Harry scoffed. "Gave me a three-hour speech on staying three inches apart at all times and how if I break your heart they break me, and then said they were letting me off easy because I was Ron's best mate. Three hours. Easy."

"What the hell is going on? I heard date and Draco Malfoy in the same sentence," said George as he appeared right beside me all of a sudden. 

"Is it the end of the world? The apocalypse?!" asked Fred. 

"It's a regular day," I scoffed. "I've got to g-"

"Why the hell is Draco Malfoy here?" said Fred suddenly, glaring at Draco. 

"We're going to Hogsmeade together," Malfoy muttered. 

"No, no you aren't. She's not going with you. Well, it was terrible talking to you," said George, dragging me away. 

"HOPE YOU HAVE A HORRIBLE DAY." yelled Fred as he slammed the common room door shut in  Draco's face as George pushed me towards Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 

"Go with them. They're nice."

"Of course they're nice-"

"And they won't try to snog you." finished George, before narrowing his eyes at Harry. "Well, this one might, but Ron'd kill him first, so it's okay." Harry scoffed loudly.

"Have a great trip!" exclaimed Fred as the twins disappeared back into their dorm. I huffed to myself as I left the common room to see Draco standing there with a scowl. 

"Your friends-"

"Don't," I said sharply, "finish that sentence. Where's Nott and his girlfriend?" He shrugged as he shoved his hands in his pockets. 

"They'll meet us there."

We walked down the staircase and made our way out the castle in silence for a bit, before I caught him looking up at the sky and squinting at the faint stars.