thirty-nine

\ wherein she reveals her deepest secret /

I shut my eyes tightly and felt some of my memories fade away as I heard footsteps and someone whisper "go hide" to someone else. 

"It's over. I, um...hi." started a voice. I opened my eyes hesitantly. "Do you know who I am?" said Remus. 

"...er, what?" I frowned. Why was everyone standing there, staring at me as if I was like a fragile porcelain doll?

"She really doesn't know?" asked Harry sadly. 

"Yeah, er, know what?"

"Do you remember us?" Remus motioned to everyone. I raised my eyebrows. 

"Should I not? I'm sorry, what's going on?"

"Are you able to name every person in this room right now?" Remus said tentatively. 

"Of course," I said instantly. "Why?" but nobody heard me as I was tackled in a hug. "Can someone please explain what's going on?"

"Nothing, Pheobe," said Remus, smiling. "We were just practicing for your interrogation, remember?"

"Oh...okay," I said unsurely. 

"Right...what's your full name?"

"Pheobe May Black."

"What's your dad's name?"

"Er...Sirius Black," I said. 

"Have you met your father in the last few years?"

"What? Of course not," I scoffed. 

"Do you have any ideas of his plans or location?"

"No idea to both," I said simply.

"Do you know if Dumbledore is plotting anything about taking over the Ministry?" chimed in Mr. Weasley. I frowned and shook my head.

"No."

"Were you Obliviated?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I think I'd know if I was Obliviated." I said with a small smile. 

"One last thing," said Harry, stepping forward. "Have you ever...er, went back in time?" he asked in a low voice. I frowned. 

"No? Why are you asking such a ridiculous question?" 

"Just wondering," Harry grinned, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Ooh, one more," Harry said as everyone went back to the kitchen to finish breakfast. "Are you in love with me yet?"

"No," I scoffed, pushing him away. . 

"Okay, kids...it's time to go." said Mr. Weasley finally, walking Harry and I to the door. 

"Good luck," Hermione squeaked out anxiously. 

"If they expel you, or if they hurt you with the Veratiserum in any way," Ron started, looking at both of us, "I will sue." I grinned.