fifty-two

\ wherein dumbledore's got style /

BY LUNCH THE NEXT DAY, all people seemed to be talking about were Pheobe and Harry. When Harry caught wind of someone talking about them, he'd grin widely, puff his chest out and boast that yes, he was actually dating the most gorgeous girl in Hogwarts. Pheobe would blush and tell him to shut up, internally feeling ridiculously giddy but also terrified for what was to come next.

And Draco would mutter under his breath of all the different ways he could kill Harry.

"Why are you so bothered?" Pheobe asked as they passed yet another pair of friends talking about the latest Hogwarts gossip on their way to the Great Hall. "It's my life and my relationship, I don't see your problem."

"My problem is that it's not your life! It's our life!"

"Wow, are we getting spiritual-"

"Oh, shut up. You're embarrassing our family tree!"

"Come on, Draco, they blew Sirius off of the family tree ages ago."

"And your point is?" Draco frowned. "We're still blood." Pheobe laughed.

"You wanted to kill me a couple months ago. And everyone in your family-"

"Our family-"

"--still does. Draco, we're barely related, anyways." Draco gasped dramatically, putting a hand to his heart.

"How dare you. We're basically siblings."

"Right, explain to me how that works."

"Well, your father is my mother's cousin-"

"Making us second cousins-"

"Stop saying stupid shit! That makes us siblings, because one step up from cousins is siblings, and we're a step up from our fathers."

"Right, but Draco, what if I, er, got a new father?" Draco stopped in the middle of the corridor and slowly turned to Pheobe with a deadly stare.

"...what?"

"Hypothetically!"

"And what would this new father's name be?" he asked suspiciously.

"Er...one who's a Pure-Blood?"

"Oh," Draco said pleasantly, before frowning again. "no, please don't tell me-"

"Hey, sis!"

"Oh, for the love of-"

"Hi, Ron," Pheobe said brightly as her ginger friend caught up to the pair, Draco muttering a string of colorful words under his breath.

"What's got his wand in a-"

"Don't talk to me, Weasley." Draco said darkly.

"He's on his period," Pheobe whispered loud enough for Draco to hear.

"I am not-!"

"Ooh, getting defensive, are we?"

"Pheobe!"

"Alright, I'll stop!" Pheobe said finally, her hands in the air when Draco began pulling out his wand. "I told him about a hypothetical situation."

"What hypothetical situation?" Ron frowned.

"The hypothetical situation which will soon be not-hypothetical-"

"What?! Are you a Weasley?!" Draco exclaimed, staring at her.