nineteen

\ wherein she is cursed /

"HE DID WHAT?!" I HEARD Fred yell from outside the Hospital Wing.

"YOU'RE DEAD, MALFOY." bellowed George.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S IN THE HOSPITAL WING ALREADY?!" George and Fred walked in, their footsteps echoing against the marble floor, Hermione, Harry, and Ron hurrying in after them.

"PHEOBE OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"She's...fine," said Ron carefully.

"Holy shit," Fred breathed as I winced at his and George's stares.

"Guys, it's not that bad," said Harry as he came and sat down in the chair beside my cot, picking up my hand and intertwining our fingers. "She's the exact same, hex or no hex."

"Pomfrey says it'll be gone in ten to twenty minutes, the potion just has to work its magic," Hermione said quickly.

"Where the hell is Malfoy, then? I don't see him sitting here looking like-"

"There," Ron pointed to once of the cots. I craned my neck to see him but Hermione quickly stepped in my view.

"Er...I don't think you want to see him right now, especially after...this." I nodded weakly and picked up a book on my nightstand as George frowned at me.

"Why isn't she saying anything?"

"Malfoy, of course," said Harry, shaking his head furiously. "But the git had to be dealt with, and so I did."

"Did you really think you dealt with him? I'll give him a piece of my mind and then he'll know what it's like to be dealt with," Ron and the twins muttered angrily as they went over to Malfoy's cot. The corner of Harry's lip twitched; he was probably able to tell that I wanted to know what he did to Draco.

"I did a couple of spells on him...he's got these huge warts all over his face and his famous blonde hair is no longer blonde," he grinned slightly.

"Yeah, now it's color changing." Hermione chimed in.

"Worth the month of detentions." I stared at him. "Definitely worth it.

"You're mental," I whispered hoarsely, my voice raspy as he chuckled and I massaged my throat gently, a feeling stabs of pain when I spoke those simple two words.

"Yeah, I might be."

"He's going to murder you once he gets out of here," said Hermione, glancing over at him.

"At least I'll die knowing Moldy Voldy couldn't kill me, but a pathetic fourth year could," Harry said, grinning.

"Oh- hey, the potion's starting to work!" Ron exclaimed, looking at me. "Your face isn't all rainbow anymore- and your nose is back to normal!"

"Annnnnddd...the spots are officially gone!" cheered Harry.

"Can you speak now?" asked Hermione.

"Don't ask her to speak!" exclaimed Pomfrey as she rushed over. "Yes...Pheobe, your face is entirely back to normal-"

"And her voice?" asked Fred and George instantly.