forty-one

\ wherein he swears to never give up /

"FUCK YOU, THEO!" I shouted, staring at the two halves of my glasses that lay sadly on the table. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Can't you be a decent human being for one goddamn second-"

"Children, children, what's the problem," said Draco's voice as he approached us, having just returned from the Prefect's compartment.

"Pheobe's a total motherfu-"

"Oi! I'm not the one who broke someone's glasses!" I exclaimed, scowling towards Theo's direction, my vision fuzzy.

"To sum it up, they were both arguing like hell and then Theo just reached over and grabbed Pheobe's glasses before snapping them in half," said Blaise.

"Pheobe called me a son of a-"

"For the love of god, it's a fucking phrase!" I exclaimed. "You broke my glasses!"

"You've forgotten magic, then?" grinned my cousin. I grabbed Blaise's book and threw it towards Draco, who managed to dodge it just in time.

"I haven't! I don't remember the spell to fix it, Theo's an idiotic jerk, Blaise doesn't know, and you're horrible at spells!"

"That's true," Draco pursed his lips.

"If it helps, you look hotter without glasses," said Theo very unhelpfully, smirking. I grit my teeth.

"Watch it, Nott, before I punch you so hard you'll need glasses to tell an apple from an orange."

"You kind of have to see people to be able to punch someone, Black," Theo taunted. I ran my tongue over my teeth threateningly.

"Wanna bet on that?"

"No, he doesn't," my cousin cut in quickly, "Theo, take it from me, her punches hurt like hell. I know from experience. And as much as I hate you both-"

"How sentimental."

"I swore that if I saw a fight break out then I'd take give detentions, and I'm not giving detention to Slytherins before we even get to school."

"So I can punch him, then?" I snapped. He rolled his eyes- I think. Everything was pretty blurry.

"You can...but then you'd also have loads of fun scrubbing Snape's potions classroom on a Saturday afternoon.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take," I cracked my knuckles tauntingly, only making Theo scoff and pat my head.

"It's okay, tiny child, I know you can't throw a punch to save your life."

"Hey, Theo, calm down- also, I'm the only one who gets to call her tiny," Blaise cut in. I clenched my jaw.

"Watch your back, Nott." I stood up and prayed that my poor vision would at least let me go back to the compartment with Neville, Luna, Ginny, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, before I walked away without another second of hesitation, hoping I wouldn't run into a wall- or worse, a person, but, just to my luck, I happened to run into someone with a blurry sweater and the fuzzy outline of glasses.