finis

tw: mention of su*cide

TEN YEARS LATER

HARRY THOUGHT THAT MAYBE, maybe she'd fall in love with him again, maybe she didn't need her memory to realize that she loved him, maybe it would just be a repetition of their fourth year when they both slowly fell in love with each other.

turned out... not really.

He cracked his knuckles like she once did when anxious as he watched her walk down the aisle, her white dress flowing gorgeously behind her.

She had moved on, he hadn't.

He thought it was stupid of him, really. He had known her for less than two years, why had he gotten so attached?

But the thing was...he never had someone by his side like she was, someone who loved him like she once did, and love... it's a hard thing to shake off, and Harry could confirm that.

He hadn't lost her completely, they were still friends, but much less than they ever were. And yet, somehow, she was close with everyone else from her past. Just not him.

He could only assume that she wanted to cut him out of her life so that she could focus on her own relationship and making new memories and experiences in peace, but he couldn't deny that it hurt like hell.

"Do you, Pheobe May Weasley, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

Memories were swirling through Harry's head...

the first time they met, on the Hogwarts train, and he bought her a chocolate frog...

when she woke up in the hospital wing after fighting Voldemort, and he knew that finally, finally, he had someone by his side who could relate to him...

when he realized he liked her and made it his mission to get her to forget all about the timeline and fall in love with him...

when she was put through so much pain that night in the graveyard but woke up and got through it...

when they had their first date, their first kiss, when they were officially dating, when they rebelled together, when they made it through each and every argument together...

"--and do you, Theodore Nott, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"If anyone has an objection, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Harry had half a mind to speak up.

"Well then..." the wizened old man sighed with a smile on his face, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the-" the pastor chuckled softly as Theo leaned down without letting the man finish, wrapping his arms around the love of his life's waist and kissed her, in front of everyone they loved--

--or once loved.

Everyone had moved on since the fateful day that Pheobe had woken up and shattered Harry's life into a billion fragments.

but they had all regained friendship with her.

In sixth year, Hermione and Pheobe were close once again, having had all the same classes and bonding over books again, plus the fact that they were sisters. That type of relationship was hard to lose.

Ron and Pheobe had never completely lost the brother-sister bond so it wasn't quite hard to reignite it. Over the summer, since she was a Weasley as far as she remembered, Pheobe had lived at the Burrow, quickly getting the close bonds back with everyone in her family.