♣️VII ch 3♣️

Not edited ☺️

I hope you like ☺️

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

"Welcome Mr Park." An older lady stood meekly at the door. "I'm the head maid of the house. Mr Min, is inside." She bowed before she stepped aside to allow Jimin inside.

Jimin felt tiny as he entered the house. There was a large crystal chandelier that welcomed him. To his left was a grey couch and wardrobe beside them. There were slippers with his name on them. He was confused why Yoongi had put these aside for him. But he understood his intentions, he took his shoes off and place it neatly in the wardrobe. The slippers were really soft, they were too comfy for a guest.

At the end of the hallway, he found that the living room was a large space. And at the centre was the Chairman who was sitting on a white sofa. This very room alone was ten times the size of Joon Hee's living room.

Yoongi wasn't in formal wear, nor was he in something he usually wore on Fridays when they had to dress down for work. Instead he was wearing a black plain t-shirt and some grey sweatpants.

"Ah, Jimin please, sit." Yoongi's expression was hard to read. It always was. Yet Jimin found himself listening, he sat opposite Yoongi. He was caught. Now was the place and time he had to explain himself, but most importantly, he needed the answer to his question.

"How did you know about the club?" Jimin asked. "Did you go there by accident, or did you already know?"

The Chairman was prepared for this question, it was probably because Yoongi had a way of reading Jimin so well. "The senior office is a very confidential place. We carry out important checks to ensure that nothing will be told to a third party." Yoongi explained.

Jimin was beginning to feel emotional, he felt like he was played a fool. "So, you knew from the start?" He asked desperately. "How disgusting was I in your eyes?"

"I never saw you that way." Yoongi reasoned. "You were someone I wanted to save." 

"So you pity me?" Jimin said bluntly, it was the worst case scenario, Yoongi was someone he respected with no hesitations. There was a part of him that wanted the same respect. "Why do I always show you how pathetic I am?" His cheeks felt wet, like he had been crying. Jimin didn't know when he had started. But he knew, he was always a mess. The Chairman always made a mess out of him.

"Jimin." Yoongi hushed. "We haven't talked properly in a while. We haven't been listening to each other."

"I didn't want you to find out this way." Jimin sobbed. "Why did you have to know? Why do you know everything?"

"I wanted you to tell me." Yoongi said. "I wanted you to trust me enough to tell me yourself."

"That I was a dancer? That I had no dignity." Jimin spat.

"No." Yoongi said. "That you were struggling financially."

Jimin froze. He wanted to laugh. His debt was probably an amount that Yoongi could pay off easily. But for Jimin, he had to earn each grain. And even then, he wasn't going to allow Yoongi to carry this burden. "You're not paying off my debts."

Yoongi nodded. It relieved Jimin that the Chairman understood this at least. "You're right. But I've bought your debt. Now you owe me."

Jimin was hysterical. "So, what's the difference?" He thought Yoongi would at least let him have his last ounce of dignity left. But in the end, he continued to make himself look so pitiful. And in that moment, he wished he wasn't here. The feeling of embarrassment was too extreme. It hurt. It hurt him a lot.

"The bank will charge you interest, I will not." Yoongi stated. Jimin looked up into Yoongi's eyes. Eyes could tell you so much about a person. But when it came to Yoongi, Jimin always found he was staring into the abyss. Where Yoongi would always surprise him with every word.

"I had a feeling I would need this." Jimin took a sharp breath and pushed his letter of resignation towards Yoongi. "I'm unfit to be your secretary."

Waiting for his response, Jimin's stomach felt like it was forming knots. Was it the hangover? Was it the embarrassment? "Did you hate it... working at my office? Everything that happened, the people you met? Did you hate it that much?" Yoongi asked. It was the glimmer in his eyes which changed completely, and Jimin didn't know if it was his own fear being reflected off them.

"No." Jimin mumbled truthfully. His heart was breaking. "It was fun. The best workplace I've ever been in. The employees are treated well and I've never seen an office with so many smiling faces. Jin always makes me lots of delicious things to eat and Taehyung always drags me out of my comfort zone. But I always find myself having fun, they were the best co-workers I could have. Not a day was boring because of them. And you, the Chairman was always good to me, I honestly felt like you treated me better than I deserved. I don't want to ruin this environment and expose the company because of my secondary job. I'll pay you back. I'll find a way. But this... should be the end."

Yoongi paid no attention to the letter, instead he leaned forward, as he shook his head. "You've signed a contract to work with me for a minimum of one year. You don't get to say you want to leave until then." No hesitation. In fact it was like he was certain. Certain the cards would be played exactly as he wanted them to be.

"How can things stay the way they are?" Jimin looked away desperately. He never imagined he would come to a point where he really didn't want to leave. It was ironic considering he originally wanted to leave when they met for the first time. "I don't want to owe you so much. How can things be the same?"

"I need a secretary." Yoongi said. "If I lose you, it may take another year for me to find another secretary. You're valuable to me. How can you be replaced?" Jimin couldn't say anything. So instead Yoongi pushed him another contract. This piece of paper was where everything began. "Let's make another contract. One to handle your debt. One independent from the one at work. We have a lot of schemes at work. Taehyung's apartment is paid using the company card. Jungkook's car was paid using the company card. Seokjin's student debt was paid off by us. When it comes to rewarding my employees, I do not hesitate. Have I not shown you that?" Yoongi reminded him.

"But—" Jimin stuttered. He didn't realise Yoongi was this kind to his employees. No other work place would give these kinds of benefits. No one was as kind as him.

"You pay me back through your bonus." Yoongi explained. "Your income is yours, but if you work hard you will also be rewarded. You've worked for me for two months already. You used the card once, to buy something on your trip with Jin and Taehyung but later you returned that purchase. So, you haven't used your bonus. I will use your bonus to invest in the company. After a year, if you work at the same rate your debt would be paid off using your bonus and the investment. If you work harder, then you will be rewarded and your debt will be cleared off faster."

Jimin thought about it, other companies had the employee shares scheme. It was to motivate them to work hard because they owned shares in the company. He couldn't be stubborn, especially when Yoongi was giving him a fair offer. He didn't want Yoongi to pay off his debt. But in this way his burdens were slightly lifted. Now he realised it didn't matter if he worked harder for Yoongi or if he worked harder at the club. But under all the clarity there was one thing that concerned him. "Did you take my belongings?"

"I put them in your new room." Yoongi explained casually.

"Pardon?" Jimin gasped. How did he get all his things? Did he ask Joon Hee to give them to him? Is that why she sent him here? She conspired against him?!

"Yes, you owe me but since you do not have a guarantor. You're living here for insurance. Our living situation must be put under a new contract." Yoongi smiled. The wicked smile of a man who is gentle yet cunning. The secretary realised that the Chairman did this because he knew things would go his way. And things always went his way. "So, what is it going to be Jimin?"

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Every time you smile. A part of me hurts inside.

I'm currently in the process of finding my rp partner that will take the role of Jimin. It's not too late to try if you're interested ^_^

Love minty xxx