43. Just a Taste

Phana's POV

It was late and I was still studying alone in my room. Usually I studied with Yo, well I tried to study. Truthfully, I probably spent more time watching him than doing my work, but I wasn't complaining. Tonight was one of the bad nights, when I couldn't see him. He was supposed to meet with his group to work on their video project and he had a meeting with his security team afterward.

I walked across the hall and listened in at his door. Yes, I'm still eavesdropping, but I just wanted to know if he was almost done. I heard some voices, moving closer to the door. It sounded like Joss, "No one is supposed to know about you and Korn, so you've got to be careful when he comes over tonight. I'll check back with you after he leaves."

Joss was clearly preparing to leave, so I jumped back and shut the door to my room behind me. What had Joss been talking about? Wasn't Korn the guy Yo met on his adventure? Jealousy was a feeling I had come to despise, since it had almost ruined my relationship with Yo, but it was also a constant companion. I moved closer to my door, leaving it open a crack so I could listen in case visitors came to see Yo, then I sat down with my books and pretended to study.

After another hour, I was bored and wanted to see my baby. I peeked out into the hall, intending to walk across to knock, when I noticed a handsome man in a black hoodie waiting outside Yo's door. I stepped back, keeping my door mostly closed and watched as Yo opened his door to allow the man inside. That was definitely not one of his security detail. I closed my door and sat on my bed, trying to breathe.

My head was full of all kinds of crazy thoughts. Could Yo be dating Korn? He couldn't. We'd agreed to be exclusive, but I'd never actually asked him to be my boyfriend, even though I was already thinking of him that way. What if Yo didn't know how much I loved him? What if he didn't want to wait for me anymore? Why hadn't I been brave enough to make it official sooner? My mind was racing as fast as my heart, the thought that I'd lost him making me feel weak. No! I wouldn't let my jealous fantasies take over again. This time, I would just talk to Yo.

I couldn't lose him. Nothing else mattered to me the way he did. My heart beat for him. My body ached for his. I thought back over all the time we spent together and realized that I loved him more than I had ever loved anyone, more than I loved myself.

Looking at the time, I realized I'd let 30 minutes pass while I was getting myself under control. Picking up my courage, I walked across the hall again and knocked on the door decisively. Yo answered it, and smiled up at me. All the dark thoughts vanished with his smile. We could work this out. He'd said he loved me, and I knew I loved him.

"Pha," Yo said, opening his door wide to let me inside. "I didn't think you'd still be awake."

I walked in and shut his door behind me. Pulling him into my arms I said, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Yo answered, hugging me back. He lifted up on his tiptoes and kissed my cheek before pulling me to sit on the couch with his head on my shoulder. "How was your day?"

"It's better now," I said, holding him close. I bit my lip before continuing, "Was Korn here earlier?"

Yo's shoulders stiffened and he pulled away from me to look in my eyes, "How did you know?"

"I was coming to visit you earlier and I heard Joss," I said, feeling nervous. "Yo, he's just a friend, right? I know I shouldn't be jealous, but I can't help it."

Yo looked down and blushed, making him look adorable, "There's no reason to be jealous. I love you."

"Then why aren't you supposed to tell anyone about Korn?" I questioned, unable to get that idea out of my mind. "Why was he in your room?"