Epilogue 4 (Flashback): The Reward

MATURE CONTENT AHEAD! This one is for @MissMandaB and @UsagiAna who both requested a scene describing Yo's reward for Pha when he finished his studies for the day. Epilogue 5 will be the last one. So this book is almost done! I hope you've enjoyed it all so far.

Reminder: This chapter is MATURE. Please be aware and skip if you aren't interested.

 Please be aware and skip if you aren't interested

Phana's POV

Going to school was a burden that kept me away from Yo. When I'd started medical school it had been a combination of liking the prestige that being a doctor offered, hoping to provide a comfortable life for my future, and knowing it would make my parent's proud. Now, I wanted to be a doctor because I wanted to do something that made me a good match for a man like Yo.

He was always helping others and I wanted to be able to make a difference in the world, the way he did. I didn't think I could love people with as much sincerity as Yo was able to love, but I could help people who were hurt or ill. So even though the idea of missing Yo during classes and labs and study sessions was horrible, I would do it for him.

As soon as I finished my study notes, I ran to my car, hoping to get back to Yo as quickly as possible. Tonight he'd promised me a reward and I didn't want to waste any time. I drove too fast, but made it safely, and ran up to his floor, knocking on his door.

I was still out of breath from running up the stairs when he opened the door and pulled me into his arms. I pulled him up, taking his lips with my own. He backed us into the room on his tip toes, mostly supported by my arms. I managed to shut the door behind me while keeping our lips connected.

"I missed you," I said as we finally broke apart, breathing hard. He smiled, took my hand, and walked to the couch to sit down. His TV was on, watching some cooking show and he leaned into my arms as he watched. This is definitely not what I was planning tonight. "Where's my reward?"

"You just had it, didn't you?" Yo asked, giving me a smug grin before turning back to the screen.

"Oh no, you don't," I said, turning his face back to mine. "That was my welcome home kiss. I want a reward, Yo."

"So you're saying that a kiss from me isn't a reward?" Yo asked, pouting his lips at me. His sad puppy eyes looking out at me from under heavy lashes. I could watch him all day. Every expression was breathtaking.

"Don't tease me, baby," I said, feeling an ache in my chest when he looked at me so sweetly. "I want my reward. You promised."

Yo looked up at me again, those baby doe eyes amused. He turned off the TV, then stood and moved like he was going to walk away, but sat on my lap instead, straddling my thighs and facing me. My breath caught in my throat and my heart pounded so hard I thought it would beat its way out of my chest. Yo smiled at me, but it wasn't his cute, sweet smile this time. He had a sinful look on his face that held me trapped in his gaze.