Chapter 2

Brenda woke up after an hour and squinted her eyes as she looked at her family standing in front of her.

“Brenda, How are you?” Victory asked.

“M-Mummy.” Brenda tried to sit up.

“No, No. Lie down. My baby. Mummy is here now.” Victoria tried hard in fighting back tears.

“I-I missed you M-Mummy.” Brenda said.  She tried to sit up again and Victoria didn’t stop her, instead she assisted her and placed a pillow behind her back.

“I missed you too my child.” Victoria replied.

“Will you le-leave us again Mu-mmy?” Brenda asked.

“No. Never.” Victoria hugged her and Mercy joined in the hug.

Anthony walked away from the ward and went to see the doctor in his office.  He knocked on the door.

“Ahh! Mr. Johnson. Come in.”

“Thank you doctor.”  Anthony smiled, taking a seat.

“I suppose you've spoken to your daughter already.” The doctor said.

“Yes, we have.” Anthony sighed.  “But something baffles me about her.”

“What's that?”

“Since she spoke, she has been stammering. Why is that?” Anthony asked.

“She is?”

“Yes.”

“Wow! That I didn't notice. Let me go and see for myself.”

Anthony and the doctor walked into the ward where Victoria was busy stroking the hair of both her daughters as she hugged them.

“Er-Erm.” The doctor cleared his throat.

Victoria and the girls tore apart.

“I hope I didn't interrupt anything?” The doctor chuckled.

“No doctor. You can come in.” Victoria said, stepping away from Brenda.

The doctor stood in front of Brenda and took her hands. He felt her pulse and sighed.

“What's your name?”

“B-Brenda John-son.”

“Oh. That's strange.” The doctor whispered to the nurse who just walked in.

“What's wrong doctor?” Anthony asked.

“Hold on.” The doctor said and turned to Brenda. “How old are you?”

“Sixfeen.”

“How is that possible? She has stopped stammering and now she is...” Anthony has a look of confusion on his face.

“Don't say that! Nothing is wrong with my daughter.” Victoria yelled.

“I'd like that you please don't create any scene in front of her.” The doctor said.

“Sorry doctor.” Anthony and Victoria chorused.

“Brenda. When were you born?” The doctor asked.

“Deshember Peepth.” December Fifth.

“I see.” The doctor sighed. “Okay, I want you both to come with me.”

Brenda's parents followed him to his office.

“Tell me what's wrong sir.”Anthony said.

“I said nothing is wrong with my daughter.  Anthony warn yourself.” Victoria hissed.

“Whether something is wrong with her or not, Why do you care?” Anthony asked.

“She is my daughter.”

“Since when did you realize that? Because as far as I remember, you abandoned both your children with me.” Anthony said.

“I didn't...”

“Please! I need both of you to get a hold of yourselves. This is a serious issue.” The doctor sighed.

Anthony and Victoria focused on him.

“Truly, something is wrong with your daughter and she is having speech problems.” The doctor said.

“What?! Why?” Victoria asked.

“It has something to do with the brain.” The doctor said.

“So like you said earlier, she has brain infections?” Anthony asked.

“Stop talking rubbish Anthony!” Victoria yelled.

“I'd rather you'd be calm and listen to me rather than lashing out at eachother.” The doctor said.

“Sorry doctor.” Victoria sighed.

“I know you both to be reputable people and I expect that you handle things differently from the way normal people do.” The doctor said.

“We are sorry. So what do we do?” Anthony asked.

“I'd recommend a doctor for you.” The doctor said.  “ Dr. Adeola. She is a neurologist.”

“She? Will she be able to do...?” Victoria asked.

“We will meet with her. Give me her details.” Anthony said.

“Here is her business card. You can contact her.” The doctor smiled. “Miss Victoria, I'd like that as a woman, you shouldn't be doubting the capabilities of another woman.”

“Yes doctor.” Victoria nodded.

“Thank you doctor.” Anthony smiled as they both left his office.