Chapter 47

January 15th, 2020

La Pitie Salpiètrère

Brenda has woken up after five days but she has become extremely violent that she had to be chained to the bed.

“You want to kill me! Ahh! Let go of me!” She had yelled when she saw them holding an injection.

“It's not going to kill you. It's just going to help you sleep and be calm.” Dr. Meyer smiled.

“Lies. Fake people smile before they do anything bad.” Brenda had said.

“Calm down Brenda. Just a small injection. It won't hurt you.” Dr. Meyer moved closer to her.

“Ahhhhhhhh!” Brenda slapped the injection out of his hand and held his neck. “Shebi you want to kill me? I'll kill you first!”

“Get a hold of her!” Another doctor yelled.

After rescuing Dr. Meyer from her, he coughed loudly. “Her condition is getting worse.”

Brenda somehow got the courage and wriggled free from their grasp and dashed to the door as she started running through the hospital.

“Catch her!” Dr. Meyer yelled as they had all the guards sent after her.

After they were able to hold her down, Dr. Meyer stabbed her neck with the injection quick enough before she could do anything to him and before they knew it, she was unconscious so they chained her to the bed in case she gets violent when she wakes up.

     Right now, her family were by her bedside watching her sleep and talking to her. Dr. Meyer had told them how dangerous she can be and that they should be careful when with her.

“Brenda, I'm sorry you're going through this.” Anthony said, holding her hand.

“Don't say it is your fault Tony.” Victoria said.

“It is all my fault actually. I stopped you from doing the surgery and the tumor had taken over your brain.” Anthony said.

“Daddy?!” Mercy yelled. “Stop blaming yourself.”

“Why not? Who is to blame?” Anthony asked.

“No one. We are just unlucky.” Victoria sighed.

“D-Daddy.” Brenda said in her sleep.

They all turned to look at her.

“She is seeing me in her dream.” Anthony smiled.

“You are the worst!” Brenda's eyes jerked open to scare them as they moved back but she was quick to tighten her grip on Anthony who was holding her hand.

“Brenda? Let go.” Anthony pleaded.

“Who is Brenda? Don't call me Brenda. I hate that name!” She pulled him hard and he almost fell on top of her if not for the caregiver siderail that he fell on.

Their faces were inches apart and Brenda grabbed his neck like she did Dr. Meyer.

“Stop! Stop!! Brenda no.” Victoria and Mercy came to Anthony's aid.

Brenda let go of his hand and focused on them. “You try to stop me! I will kill..!”

She stretched to reach them but couldn't, the chain had held her back as they all moved aside.

Dr. Meyer walked in. “We'll have to sedate her again.”

One of the nurses spoke in french. ”Please step out of the ward.”

Victoria nodded. “They're asking us to leave.”

The Johnsons left the ward and a gush of emotions swept over them as they broke into tears. They had lost Brenda. Even if she was alive, breathing, seeing, touching and talking to them, she wasn't Brenda. Brenda has gone far away beyond their reach and Anthony couldn't resist blaming himself for her condition.