Chapter 3

March 20th, 2014

The Johnsons met with Dr. Adeola- the neurologist,  who said the same thing the previous doctor said. She concluded that Brenda had to do an MRI scan and the reaction from her family wasn't pleasant.

“MRI what? So you want to put my daughter inside a machine that would swallow her up?” Victoria yelled.

“How can someone so educated be so dumb?” Anthony hissed.

“I'm dumb? How can I be dumb when you're the same person who agreed with that doctor to have a female doctor treat my daughter?” Victoria asked.

“And what's wrong with that?” Anthony asked.

“Everything.  This is a matter of life and death and you want a female...” Victoria said.

“How is it a matter of life and death when you said nothing is wrong with our daughter?” Anthony asked.

“Our daughter? Who gave you the right to call her yours?” Victoria asked.

“She is my daughter and besides you abandoned her so I have every right to her.” Anthony said.

“Right? Who gave you such rights? Tell me. Who gave you the rights? I gave birth to her so I have every right to her and I'm not allowing my daughter to do any MRI scan.” Victoria said.

“Why are you just realizing that you gave birth to her? You chose your job over your children. Your responsibility.” Anthony said.

“Job! Like you didn't prioritize your job over the children.” Victoria said.

“That's the only way to feed them and besides I came home on weekends for their sake.” Anthony said.

“And I didn't? We both came home on weekends but you chose your work over them because even on weekends, you still had work written all over you. I don't even know why maybe because you've seduced the air hostesses and you couldn't spend a minute away from them.” Victoria snapped.

“I see. You know I'm not like you, I've seen most of your movies and there's not one of them without a kissing scene so tell me what you'd have done behind the scenes when you're alone with the actors.” Anthony said.

“How dare you question my character?” Victoria yelled.

“But you can?” Anthony asked.

“You...” Victoria tried to speak but stopped when Brenda suddenly dropped to the floor and started shaking vigorously.

“Wh-What's wrong with her?” Victoria asked.

“That's how a seizure looks like, you fool.” Anthony said.

“You just called me a fool. Are you...?” Victoria tried to speak.

“Please! You need to stop this right now!” Dr. Adeola yelled as she and the nurses helped Brenda to a ward in the hospital.

“Will she be fine?” Mercy asked once the doctor was out of the room.

“Yes she will, only if your parents would make a quick decision about this.” Dr. Adeola said.

“Let's do the scan.” Anthony said.

“Yes, Yes. Please do it.” Victoria, who was obviously scared, agreed with him.

Few days later...

The Johnsons agreed to do the MRI scan and they met with a radiologist, Dr. Tobi. He had enlightened them about the scan and told them the procedure and they became less tensed.

“Mummy, Will the result show anything bad?” Mercy asked after the doctor took Brenda in.

“No my dear. Let's just wait and pray to God. It is just stress I'm sure.”  Victoria said.

“I hope the results just tell us what is actually wrong.” Anthony said.

“I said nothing is...” Victoria started to say.

Dr. Tobi came out of the room.

“What's wrong?” Anthony asked.

“Stop saying that something is wrong.” Victoria said.

“We cannot possibly say if something is wrong with your daughter yet. We'd have to wait for three days for the results to tell us.” Dr. Tobi said.

“Will my sister be okay?” Mercy asked.

“Yes my dear she will be. Just have faith in God.” Dr. Tobi smiled.

“Can you hear that? She is going to be okay. Nothing is wrong.” Victoria said.

“Because she is going to be okay doesn't mean nothing is  wrong with her.” Anthony corrected.

“You are saying two different things, she is....” Victoria said.

“I just can't believe that I was married to someone as daft as you are.” Anthony shook his head.

“Me? Daft? Or you are the daft one.” Victoria hissed.

“Too bad that you can't realise how stupid you look and sound...” Anthony said.

“Mummy, Daddy. Let's go home.” Mercy interrupted them to keep them from arguing.