Chapter 16

August 10th, 2019.

Heathrow airport

10 a.m.

The Johnsons were finally leaving London. They'd had a nice stay with Ben, Mary and David being overly hospitable and friendly towards them.

“Thank you so much for your hospitality, we really appreciate it.” Anthony said.

“What nonsense? Why are you thanking us? Are we strangers?” Ben asked.

“Oh. Sorry brother,” Anthony chuckled.

“I'm going to miss you guys.” David hugged Mercy.

“We are going to miss you more.” Mercy said.

“You know, you're the first cousins I've actually really liked. The other cousins I've met, I hated them. They frustrated me and gosh! They were noisy and very unfriendly.” David said.

“David!” Mercy laughed.

“What? I'm seriously telling the truth here. I don't pray for you to meet them.” David said.

“I actually wish to meet them in some kind of family gathering or something.”Mercy said.

“That'll be the beginning of your death.” David sighed and turned to Brenda. “Please take good care of your sister.”

“Sure. That's what I always do.” Mercy said.

“Don't for-get I'm your el-der sis-ter.” Brenda said and they laughed.

David sighed. “I just can't believe that the first time I get to know my special cousins, one of them has a ticking time bomb on her.”

“Time bomb?” Mercy asked.

“Yes. Like she has limited time. I wish we got to know and play with eachother as kids, that way you wouldn't feel bored, alone and whatever that is causing all this.” David said.

“Th-Thanks.” Brenda said.

“But you know what?” David rubbed his hands together. “Even if the grim reaper's knocking on your door, just ignore it and keep living your life without thinking about it. Enjoy your life so that when he finally breaks the door, which none of us wants to happen, then you'd be happy that you've managed to achieve something in your life.”

“Wow!” Mercy clapped. “What a Motivation speaker.”

“Thank-you.” Brenda said.

“No, no. I'm not a Motivational speaker. I just want her to feel better. At least, I tried.” David said.

“Yes, y-you did.” Brenda smiled.

“I just want you to be okay.” David turned to Mercy.  “Please update me about everything.”

“How would I? When I don't even have your number?” Mercy said.

“Nice way of requesting for my number.”  David winked.

“Oh please! Don't flatter yourself.”  Mercy said.

“I see.” David turned to Brenda. “I'd have yours then.”

“So you want to start hitting on my sister?” Mercy asked.

“Not like I was hitting on you.” David sighed. “Are you giving me the number or not?”

“Whatever. Just have it.” Mercy said and the trio exchanged numbers.

In another area of the airport, Victoria and Mary were talking.

“I'm glad you've been at home with us.” Mary said.

“Yes.  I appreciate you for letting us in your home.” Victoria said.

“It's a pleasure. So tell me, when next are you shooting?” Mary asked.

“I see you're a fan of my movies.”

“Not at all. I'm asking for my friends.” Mary said.

“Whites watch Nollywood?” Victoria asked.

“Even if they did, you are not that important to be known by them.” Mary said.

“I'm not important?”

“Not at all.” Mary shook her head.

“So why let me in your house?” Victoria asked.

“I let my husband's family in and not the family of some proud actress.” Mary said.

“I see. So you think I'm proud?”

“Of course you are. I knew that since the first day you walked into my home.”

“And what makes you think I'm proud?”

“Just take a look at your immediate family. They are resentful towards you.” Mary sighed. “You see, no matter how successful you may be, you can never be as successful as when you have your family's love and support.”

“I know that and I still don't know why they hate me.”

“You don't? Look at yourself in the mirror, it is written all over you.” Mary said.

“I...”

Attention passengers!...

“That's your flight. You'd better get going.” Mary said.

“Alright then.” Victoria waved.

“Don't forget to fix things.”

“Do you have the recipe for that?”

“Change. You have to be willing to change and that's when the change will happen. Once it happens, everything will fall into place.” Mary said.

“Thank you so much!” Victoria hugged her.

“You could keep me posted and let me know if you need more recipes.” They exchanged numbers.

“Bye!”

In the other areas of the airport, Ben hugged his brother Anthony, David hugged his cousins Brenda and Mercy and they all met up at the departures gate.

“It's time for a new adventure. Whoo-hoo!” Mercy jumped with excitement.