Chapter 18

August 11, 2019.

Taj Mahal palace.

Sanjay had gotten up early and to see the Johnsons since Anthony had told him that they would be going out early and he needed him to take them there.

Knock! Knock!!

No reply.

Knock! Knock!!

Victoria got up and opened the door as she squinted her eyes to look at him.

“Yes, How may I help you?” She asked.

“To see your husband.” Sanjay said.

“This early morning?” Victoria checked her watch. “6 a.m?”

“Your hus-” Sanjay looked behind her and saw Anthony on the couch. “You fight?”

“There's no fight and please mind your business.” Victoria said.

“If no fight, why not sleep on the same bed? He is husband, you treat with respect.” Sanjay said.

“He is my e-” Victoria tried to say.

Anthony stretched on the couch. “Who is that?”

“Your friend is here this early morning.” Victoria said.

Anthony got up and walked to the door. “Ahh! Sanjay. Good morning.”

“Morning Tony. You ready?” Sanjay asked.

“No, no. Give us 15 minutes. We'd be with you.” Anthony walked out of his room and to his daughters room, knocked once and briefly told them to get ready.

He walked back to his room and turned to Sanjay. “Do you mind waiting for us at the reception?”

“No. Not at all. I'll wait but please hurry, I have to go to work.” Sanjay said.

“Okay, We won't take time.” Anthony said and walked into his room.

In few minutes, he was out with his girls but Victoria was still dressing up so they all went to the Reception to stay with Sanjay.

“Wow! You didn't take long.” Sanjay said.

“You expected us to stay long in our rooms?” Mercy asked.

“No, no. Just that the women in my house take long. They wear makeup and then their jewelry, sometimes they say to look for them and end up wasting time by changing clothes over again to match the jewelry they can find.” Sanjay said and the girls laugh.

“Wow! I want to meet them one day and wear these jewelries too.” Mercy said.

“My daughter was also impatient to wear them but once she started wearing them, she got tired of it.” Sanjay laughed.

“So you're saying that I'll get tired?” Mercy asked.

“Yes.”  Sanjay made a nod and shake head movement at the same time.

Anthony looked at his watch. “Where is this woman? We are going to be late for the appointment.”

“Appointment? You have a meeting?” Sanjay asked.

“Yes.” Anthony said.

“I see you work...” Sanjay said.

“No, no. We're going to a doctor.” Anthony said.

“Doctor? Who is sick?” Sanjay asked.

“My sister needs the doctor.” Mercy said.

“She?” Sanjay looked as if something occurred to him. “Wait, I've never seen you speak. Your name?”

“Br-Brenda.”

“Ahh! Fine name. I'm Sanjay.”

“I kn-know.” Brenda said.

“Ahh! You stammer? I didn't notice. You want to do speech therapy or...?” Sanjay asked.

“It's a long story Sanjay. This is just one of  the symptoms of a disease.” Anthony said.

Sanjay moved back a little. “She has disease? Like Ebola?”

Mercy burst into laughter. “Ebola? It would have been better if that's what the case is. At least, there'd be a cure. You can move closer now.”

“Oh. That's relieving.” Sanjay stepped closer. “So what is it?”

“Glioblastoma Multiforme. Brain disease.” Mercy sighed.

“Brain disease? So she is mad?” Sanjay asked.

Anthony shook his head. “Maybe you would make do with a research. She is not mad. She just has an illness.”

Sanjay nodded. “Oh Brain illness. I see.” He turned to Mercy. “You scare me by saying disease.”

“Sorry,” Mercy said. “I didn't know how to explain to you.”

“What's the disease again? I'll tell my niece so she use for research.” Sanjay said.

“Glioblastoma Multiforme.” Mercy smiled.

Victoria walked in on their conversation as soon as Sanjay spoke.

They both spoke at once.

Victoria said. “What are you doing telling that to a stranger?”

Sanjay said. “May you get well soon.”

“Th-Thank you.” Brenda said.

“Amen.” Anthony said.

“Mummy is here! Now, we can go.” Mercy said.

“Didn't you hear my question?” Victoria asked.

“That can wait.” Anthony said. “Sanjay, let's go. Sorry for keeping you waiting.”

“It's no problem.” Sanjay looked at Victoria. “Get some jewelries in India so that your wasting time can be worth it.”

Brenda and Mercy laughed.

“Have you gone nuts?” Victoria asked.

They ignored her and walked into Sanjay's car and he drove them off.