Chapter 39

December 31st, 2019.

CNN studio

New York.

The Johnsons and The Barkers were at the CNN studio because Brenda wanted to see how a T.V studio works.

Damon and Anthony had worked hard to make sure that they meet up with the people they could. They were standing in the green room of the studio as Hala Gorani was live anchoring  'The world right now with Hala gorani' while they stood in the green room along with the crew and other visitors.

They had arranged for Hala to come all the way from London to do the show live in New York. As a London based journalist, Hala Gorani showed interest in Brenda's story and took an early flight to New York.

“In the world of today, so many mishaps are going on around, ranging from terrorism, building collapsing, kidnapping and so many more and in all of these, so many lives have been lost.” Hala Gorani said.

Brenda watched her with keen interest and wished for a small moment that she could also anchor news or at least be live on T.V.

“Aside these, there are other people who lose their lives and sometimes face death without being subjected to these kinds of mishaps.”

“So many people have certain diseases which pose a threat on their lives.” Hala paused.

“We'd take a short break and when we return, we'd be presenting you a Nigerian who is currently on a world tour for the minimum time she has to live.”

“Miss. Brenda Johnson.” Hala smiled. “Let's take this break.  We'd be right back.”

Brenda felt goosebumps all over. A cold shiver ran down her spine and she was too nervous. “What?!”

“Yes. You heard her right. You're going live.” Anthony said.

“But how is that possible?”

“You have a super Dad remember?” Damon said.

“I know but I'm not prepared to go live. That's not our plan. We were just supposed to stay here and watch.”

“Now that plan's changed, you can't back out now.” Victoria said.

“But I don't want to go live.”

“She already mentioned your name and the viewers are waiting to see you after the break.” Alex said.

“Yes, that's true but...” Brenda said.

Going live in 5...!

“Brenda! C'mon. You've always wanted this.” Anthony said.

“Okay.” Brenda walked up to the studio floor.

2...1... And we are live!

“Welcome back. Before the break, we were talking about the world of today and how it has affected our lives.” Hala started. “Here in our studio, we have a black woman who is suffering from Brain tumor and has few months to live. Brenda Johnson!”

“Good eve-ning.” Brenda smiled. “Thank you for having me.”

Damon whispered to Anthony. “Is her stammering back?”

“No, she's just nervous.” Anthony shook his head.

“So would you like to tell us the name of the disease?” Hala asked.

“Glioblastoma multiforme.”

“How did you feel when you were first diagnosed with this disease?” Hala asked.