Chapter 9

June 20th, 2019.

Bruton place, Mayfair, London.

11:18 p.m.

"If it isn't the Johnsons," Mary- Ben's wife drew Brenda and Mercy into a hug.

"How are you Mary?" Anthony asked.

"I'm just fine." Mary accessed Brenda and Mercy. "Look at your children, they've grown into adults now. Very beautiful."

"Do you know us before?" Mercy asked.

"Yes. Don't you remember me? Your aunt Mary. I was there at your naming ceremony. I even bath for Brenda when she was..." Mary smiled.

"N-Naming ceremony?" Brenda scoffed. "And you expect us to re-remember that?"

"Oh. you don't? I remember things from when I was an infant." Mary said.

"That's because they told it to you." Mercy laughed.

"Where is your son?" Victoria asked, obviously irritated by their conversation.

"He's out on a date." Mary checked her time. "I expected him to be back by now. right honey?"

"Yeah sure. I'll give him a call." Ben drew out his phone.

"Anyway, let's have dinner. Shall we?" Mary said.

"Oh wow! Thank you. We'd really love to eat this tasty food." Mercy grinned.

"We'd go freshen up and join you for dinner." Anthony smiled.

"Have you prepared the rooms?" Ben asked.

"Yes, I have." Mary replied.

The Johnsons went ahead to freshen up while Mary set the table.

As soon as they were out of their rooms and for dinner, the sisters were met with something that gave them thrills.

"Hi. I'm David but my friends call me Dave." He stretched out his hand.

"Huh. Hi... We are Brenda and Mercy. Apparently, we are your cousins." Mercy said.

"Yes, I know that. And you both look pretty." David said.

"Thank you." Mercy smiled.

Mary clapped her hands. "Okay. It's dinner time."

Everyone sat at the table to eat as Brenda and Mercy took turns in stealing glances of David.

"He's hot right?" Mercy asked.

"Y-Yes. Totally." Brenda whispered.

"See those muscles. I want to touch them and..." Mercy said.

"That's enough. Eat your food." Brenda said.

The next day...

June 21st, 2019.

10 a.m.

The Johnsons had gone out of the house with David. His parents had to go to work so they couldn't join them.

The Johnsons boarded a double decker bus. They had stayed in the top part of the bus and viewing the city from there while Victoria and Mercy took pictures.

"This is where the restaurants are located." David said.

"Oh wow! I love KFC." Mercy said.

"You'd get to love other restaurants too." David smiled.

"I can't wait to eat at Nando's again." Victoria said.

"You've been here?" David asked.

"Yes. We shot a movie here years ago." Victoria said.

"Oh that's true. You're an actress. You sure should know almost everywhere." David said.

"Yes. She would." Anthony said.

"That's normal." Mercy shrugged.

"Excuse me." Anthony said as he walked away to an empty seat in front of them to receive a call.

David smiled.
"I'm David. 23 years. I finished college last year and I'm a journalist."

"Oh cool. I'm Mercy. 18 years. Still in the university and I'm looking towards being a doctor."

"I'm Victoria. I..."

"I know about you." David chuckled. "You're popular."

"Oh that's great." Victoria smiled.

"And her?" David asked.

"She's Brenda. 21 years and..." Mercy started to say.

"She doesn't speak?" David asked.

"She does. why?" Victoria asked.

"I've never heard her speak since I've met her." David said and Brenda smiled.

"So will you say something?" David asked.

"I...I-I'm Br-Brenda and 21 years..." Brenda started to say.

"You stutter? Is that why she doesn't talk?" David turned to Victoria.

"She..." Mercy didn't know what to say.

"We are getting down at the next bus stop." Anthony returned to the seat.

"What? Why?" Mercy asked. "David is still..."

"We need to go to the hospital and see Dr. Spencer. He was recommended for Brenda." Anthony sighed.

"What? She's sick?" David asked.

"I...uh..." Anthony sighed. "Yes."

Victoria, Anthony and Brenda gave him a look.

"What? He would still find out one way or the other." Anthony said.

"But it doesn't have to be now Dad." Mercy shook her head.

"Whatever. The deed is done." Anthony shrugged.

Nobody said anything after that. David kept showing them around and Victoria and Mercy kept taking pictures.

At the next bus stop, they all highlighted from the bus.