Chapter 8.

June 20th, 2019.

London Heathrow airport.

10:18 p.m.

The Ethiopian airlines landed and the passengers deplaned as they walked  through the arrivals gate and to the Baggage claim section.

“How would we be able to find our luggage amidst all these?” Victoria sighed as soon as they got to the Baggage claim section.

“Just be patient. Let everyone have their eyes on all the luggage.  Ours would come soon.” Anthony said.

“Oh wow! That's mummy's pink box.” Mercy exclaimed.

“True. It's mine.” Victoria stretched over the Baggage carousel and picked her box.

“So wh-where are we going?” Brenda asked.

“Someone is coming for us. I haven't received his call yet.” Victoria said.

“Who?” Anthony asked.

“Femi Lawal.” Victoria sighed.

“What?! Isn't that the director of yours you've been hooking up with after our divorce?” Anthony asked.

“Yes. Any wrong?” Victoria shrugged.

“How can you think of allowing that man to be with us during this holiday?” Anthony asked.

“And why can't he?” Victoria asked.

“Isn't it obvious? You're hooking up with someone  and you want your family to live with him? This is a holiday with us as Family and outsiders aren't....” Anthony said.

“So is his presence with us on this holiday affecting you or are you...?” Victoria asked.

“Are you telling me that you want to be hanging around with that director in the presence of my...?” Anthony asked.

“Hold on. What's wrong in hanging around in front of them? They're adults remember? and please stop reprimanding me about Femi. we are no longer together.” Victoria was amidst yelling and talking calmly.

“So you both are not...” Anthony said.

“Okay. That's it. I've had enough.” Mercy raised both her hands. “Why do you guys make a big deal out of nothing? Can't you guys just be more understanding?”

“Is that how to talk to your parents?” Victoria asked.

“And is that how to talk to your husband?” Mercy snapped.

“Ex-husband.” Victoria corrected.

“Even when he was your husband, what did you do? Did you even accord him with the respect he deserves?”   Mercy sighed.

“Mercy.” Brenda cautioned her softly.

“You know, I think the problem with your marriage was you. You think you can do what you want because you are a celebrity. You have money so you can have anything right? including the upper hand in your marriage?  Mercy hissed.

“Mercy?!” Anthony and Brenda yelled.

“What? Can't I talk? I'm saying the truth and I...” Mercy hissed.

“You don't get to talk to your mother like that!” Anthony yelled.

“But she gets to talk to you like that. Dad, you're even stopping me from being...” Mercy said.

“W-What do you know? You're just 18.” Brenda said.

“I'm still an adult anyway.” Mercy hissed.

“Now isn't the time for this talk and not at the airport too.” Anthony sighed. “My elder brother would be here soon to pick us up. Please do not do anything foolish.”

No one said anything after that. They all took their luggage and went to sit at the waiting area patiently before Anthony's elder brother arrived.

In 30 minutes time, he was with them.

“Hiiii. The Johnsons are finally here in London.” Anthony's brother - Ben hugged Brenda and Mercy. “Welcome to London.”

“Hello Benjamin.” Anthony drew his elder brother in a tight hug. “I've really missed you.”

“I missed you more.” Ben turned to Victoria. “And if it isn't the actress herself,”

“Good evening.”

“Good evening ma'am.” Ben took her hands and kissed them. “Welcome to London.”

“Thank you.”

“Okay. Let's get you all going. I've booked a taxi that'll take us all home.” Ben smiled.

“Taxi?” Victoria scoffed. “You don't have a car?”

“No, I don't.” Ben shook his head.

“I hope you have a house that has enough space for...” Victoria was shut by Brenda who gave her hand a tight squeeze.

“Tony. What was she saying?” Ben asked.

“No. It is nothing, really.  Don't mind her.” Anthony replied.

“I see. Let's get going then.” Ben sighed.

They left the airport and got into a taxi who took them to Ben's home.

The Johnsons were happy at this because their holiday has just begun.