Chapter 2

Iroh picked up his tray and turned to the room full of tables.

He wished he could just go back to his quarters and be left alone.

Sin had beaten him in training today, he usually didn't mind being bested, but with how today had started he wanted the day to be over.

Iroh looked at Cho when he waved him over. He noticed a girl sitting next to him and he felt like his heart sank.

The girl's name was Chi, she was Cho's twin sister.

They were lucky, they didn't have to dream to see their sibling. They could just yell out each other's name and see them within the next moment.

He remembered when he first met Chi. She had been so thrilled to be reunited with her brother after boot camp when they learned they would be sailing in the same ship.

Chi was sent to a camp for non-benders, while Cho was sent to one for Firebenders. The two were very different people, but they were inseparable.

It had taken Cho almost ten minutes to calm down his sister in order to introduce her to his roommate.

Iroh sighed and walked to them, sitting across from the twins.

"How you doing buddy?" Cho asked before stuffing a clump of rice into his mouth.

"Fine. Why?" Iroh said quickly.

Cho looked at him unconvinced.

Iroh diverted his eyes to his food.

"Hey losers, what's going on?"

Iroh glanced up as Sin claimed the seat next to him.

He felt his heart skip a beat and he looked into his bowl, avoiding eye contact with the young woman.

"Nothing, just prying into the Prince's personal life," Cho said, casting a mischievous grin at Iroh.

Iroh glared at him.

'I will kill you,' he mouthed.

"Like if he has a girlfriend," Cho shrugged, looking at the ceiling.

Chi giggled, covering her mouth.

"Oh?" Sin leaned closer to Iroh, smirking. "Do tell, Dragon Prince. Is there a lady in waiting?"

"No," Iroh muttered, feeling his ears growing warm.

He hated that he found Sin attractive. He didn't dislike the idea of her, but he's never dated and Cho's meddling didn't make the situation feel any more natural.

Iroh sighed, taking a drink from his tin cup.

"Aw, too bad," Sin purred. "I would've loved to meet the future Fire Lady."

"She's sitting right here," Iroh heard a gruff voice behind him and felt someone yank on his collar.

He coughed, choking on his drink.

Sin, Cho, and Chi all glared at the man behind Iroh as Iroh struggled to catch his breath, both from the liquid caught in his throat and the sudden pressure on his larynx.

"No one was talking to you, Yuku," Chi growled.

Yuku was a Fire Nation citizen from the capital city.

Iroh knew him since they were children in the Fire Noble School for Boys.

Yuku was always trying to start fights in school, which Iroh refused to engage in.

Yuku shrugged, "Too bad, I would've loved to hear about the False Royal's love life."

"That's just 'cause you don't have one," Sin spat.