Chapter 8

Iroh trudged into his room, being quiet so he wouldn't wake Cho, who was out cold on his bed.

The other fire bender was laying on top of his blankets, but he had shoved himself against the wall.

Iroh closed the door and climbed onto his bunk, kicking off his shoes as he face planted the pillow.

He had ended up sleeping the whole night until Bumi woke him up so they could get back to the ship without being caught.

Since they were leaving early in the morning, Yue offered to take them all to the docks on Haro.

At least he could cross, Ride a Saber tooth Moose Lion, off his unexpected experiences list.

Iroh jerked his head up when he heard the piercing sound of the bugle in the hallway.

He groaned, slamming his face back into the pillow.

Cho was already on his feet and wide awake as if he hadn't been dead asleep a mere moment ago.

"Look alive, lazy Prince!" Cho teased, having seen Iroh drop his head back down.

"It's too early to be alive," Iroh groaned.

"Not in the Forces it's not!" Cho chuckled.

Iroh sighed and sat up, he was relieved he was rested after sleeping most the night, but getting woken up still wasn't pleasant to the sleeping mind.

He jumped off the bed and started getting ready.

Once Iroh was dressed, Cho opened the door to the hallway.

The two stepped into the hallway.

"Hey, we're neighbors!" They heard someone laugh.

Iroh glanced over his shoulder.

Pelo stood behind them with his wide smile.

"Oh, morning Pelo," Iroh greeted, giving a salute.

Pelo returned the salute.

"Cho, this is Pelo," Iroh said, gesturing from Cho to Pelo. "He saved me from getting trampled yesterday. Pelo, this is Cho, my bunk mate."

Pelo and Cho saluted each other.

"Are you a bender?" Cho asked.

"Way to just jump in buddy," Iroh shook his head.

Cho shrugged, "I'm curious."

Pelo chuckled. He lift his hand and quickly clenched his fist.

Iroh instinctively reached for his pocket when he felt movement. Before he could react, Pelo had bended the stone tile out of his pocket and was levitating it over his palm.

Cho's eyes filled with excitement.

"Can I have that back?" Iroh asked. "It's, um, sentimental."

Pelo nodded, he stopped levitating the tile and tossed it to the fire prince, "Sorry, it was the only non metal thing I could sense close by."

"You're a metal bender?" Iroh asked.

Pelo nodded, "Yeah, my aunt let me attend a Beifong metal bending academy when I wanted to further my skills."

"That's awesome!" Cho smiled.

"What about you guys?" Pelo asked. "Are you benders?"

Cho nodded, "Yeah, we're both fire benders. Ro can bend lightning too."

"I haven't had a lot of practice," Iroh said hesitantly.

Pelo nodded, "That's still impressive."