Chapter 11

Suki crept down the corridor towards her grandfather's meeting room.

He was swamped with all day meetings, but Suki was hoping she could sneak in at the right moment and spend some time with her Grandfather.

She peeked through the curtains, finding Fire Lord Zuko and a man alone in the room.

Zuko looked furious, which concerned Suki. So she stayed hidden in the hallway.

"If you don't leave this instant," Zuko growled. "I will have you escorted out."

"I've told you time and time again, Fire Lord Zuko!" The man snapped. "You have ignored my warnings for long enough!"

Suki frowned.

"I'm not intimidated by you Taru," Zuko stood up. "Nor was I by your father. Might I remind you why he is in his situation?"

Taru balled his fist, "Might I remind you what got him into his situation?"

Zuko glared at him.

Taru grinned, standing up "Did I hear correctly? The beloved crown prince is away at sea?"

Zuko balled his fists.

Suki narrowed her eyes.

"I hope nothing happens to his ship," Taru said. "Be such a shame for another Royal K.I.A."

Suki clutched the curtains in her hands.

"If you try anything on my soldiers," Zuko said, his tone more threatening than anything Suki's ever heard before. "I will personally hunt you to the ends of the earth and throw you into a cell right beside your father."

"I'd like to see you try," Taru grabbed the chest of Zuko's robes.

"Hey!" Suki charged into the room, using her body to shove Taru away from Zuko. "Leave him alone!"

Suki placed herself in front of her grandfather, taking to a fighting stance that wasn't very stable.

Taru gave an innocent smile, "Well, aren't you a cute little Koyshu Soldier."

Taru pinched her cheek hard and pulled on her face.

Suki held down a wince and slapped his hand, "It's Kyoshi Warrior, Meat head!"

"Wow, you're adorable when you think you're insulting," Taru laughed. "You're just a stupid little girl."

Suki growled.

Zuko pulled Suki behind him, pushing her so she was hidden behind him.

Suki struggled to get back in front of him, especially since he was holding her behind him.

"I recommend you leave now," Zuko said.

Taru grunted, "And I recommend you heed my warning if you know what's good for you. And your family, including that runaway of yours."

"Leave!" Zuko snapped, his voice echoing in the room.

Taru turned on his heel and left.

Zuko sighed, his shoulders falling. He turned around and knelt down in front of Suki.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked, studying her face, the only problem being Taru smudged off her makeup.

"No," Suki shook her head. "Did he hurt you?"

Zuko shook his head.

"Good."

"Suki, that was very dangerous," Zuko scolded, though his tone was gentle as he straightened her headpiece. "You don't know what he could have done."