Chapter 33

Iroh jerked awake at the sound of the bugle.

He once again cracked his head on the ceiling.

He growled and slid out of his bunk, looking at Cho as his roommate carefully got up.

"We should be back to the Fire Nation soon," Iroh said.

Cho nodded with a yawn, "Yeah. We'll get your family home safely."

Iroh nodded faintly.

Cho and Iroh quickly got ready and went above deck, only to find that they were docked in the Fire Nation.

"That was faster than I expected," Iroh said to Cho.

Cho nodded.

Iroh frowned, seeing no one was in the lineup.

Everyone was crowded against the wall, looking over.

Iroh walked to Pelo, who stood on the end of the crowd with the rest of the group.

"What's going on?" Cho asked.

"Commander Bumi's being reprimanded," Pelo said.

Iroh leaned over the wall, seeing Bumi standing in front of the United Republic Council with the General of the First Division and Avatar Aang.

"You wonder why you aren't General," The elderly leader of the First Division mocked.

"General," Tenzin said firmly. He looked at Bumi, "We have no choice but to relieve you from your duties, Bumi."

The entire crew let out a chorus of disapproval.

Iroh gripped the wall, "Why!"

The council, Aang, the General and Bumi all looked up.

"Stay out of this soldier," The General snapped.

Iroh growled.

Pelo tried to grab him, but Iroh vaulted over the wall.

He used a fireblast from his feet to slow his landing. He marched towards them.

The crew watched in silence, knowing Iroh wasn't going to take it easy.

"Commander Bumi did more than any of you!" Iroh shouted.

Bumi jumped in front of his son and attempted to push him back.

Iroh jabbed a finger at the General, "You didn't bother to do your job!"

Aang placed a hand on the General's chest when he took a step forward, looking ready to fight the young soldier.

"You're the Avatar and you didn't come when your best friend needed you!" Iroh shouted, fighting to get closer as Bumi pushed him back.

"And you ridiculous excuse for a council! You all think, just because Commander Bumi is a nonbender, that he's useless! He's done more than all of you!"

Bumi pushed Iroh back, "It's fine Iroh."

"You think any of you deserve to decide what happens under Commander Bumi's watch!"

"Commander, control your soldier!" The Council's Fire Nation representative ordered.

"You don't think I'm trying?" Bumi spat. He looked at Iroh, "Calm down, just let them do their job."

"Their job? Their job! Apparently their job is sitting around doing nothing, when one of their closest allies is in danger!"

"Who do you think you are?" The General spat. "To think you have any authority over this."